A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Change Manager role to join Digital Services at Northumbria Healthcare Foundation Trust. This is an exciting time for the Trust as we embark on a digital transformation programme to transform working practice and patient care. This is being spearheaded by the introduction of a new 'electronic patient record' that will join together new and existing care systems and enable faster clinical decision-making.
The post holder will work alongside the Project Manager to support colleagues in a wide range of roles in a dynamic transformation programme across the Trust, and so we are looking for a highly motivated, self-starting and imaginative individual with strong engagement and influencing skills who can ensure commitment to complex projects making certain that deadlines and required changes are delivered.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and the ability to convey complex information in an easily understood manner, working with clinical, administrative and corporate colleagues at all levels within the Trust and across departments and external agencies and stakeholders.
If you believe that you meet the criteria above and are looking to face some extraordinary challenges in the one of the largest NHS Trusts in the country, we would be delighted to hear from you.Main duties of the job
Key areas of achievement for the post holder would include:
- Leading or supporting Digital Services Transformation projects across the Trust.
- Working closely with project teams to develop, define and shape change, integrating change management and ensure successful delivery and adoption of large-scale change.
- Promoting a digital culture across the Trust.
- Creating and implementing change management plans that maximise employee adoption and minimise resistance.
- Working closely with others to establish effective networks to communicate change and using motivational skills to encourage collaborative working.
- To role model compassionate and inclusive leadership in order to shape the creation of a collective leadership culture within the trust. This means demonstrating a consistent leadership style which (a) engages, enables and empowers others (b) uses coaching to promote ownership of learning and quality improvement and (c) facilitates team working and collaboration within teams / departments and across organisational boundaries.
We manage three major locality hospitals at North Tyneside, Wansbeck and Hexham, plus a number of smaller community hospitals and clinics from Tynemouth to Berwick on Tweed, covering one of the largest geographical areas of any NHS trust in the country. Leading in innovation and quality - opening a state of the art Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital, the first of its kind in England. Do you want to work in one of the best performing NHS organisations in England? Work in an organisation that supports its staff and focuses on staff experience as much as it does the experience of its patients? You can live and breathe in an area that has the cleanest air, cost effective living, great nightlife, some of the best schools with a wealth of history available on your doorstep. Sound too good to be true? Well it isn't, this is what you get when you work for Northumbria Healthcare, this is the Northumbria Way! Please read 'applicant guidance notes' before submitting your application.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Change Manager is a key role within the Trust, responsible for ensuring effective planning and delivery of the Trusts transformation programme impacting on service users.
The post holder will work alongside the Project Manager and be responsible for creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that maximise employee adoption and minimise resistance in the delivery of numerous work programmes contributing to the Trusts strategic ambitions.
You will work closely with senior managers and staff to develop the trusts approach to Change Management and be responsible for leading change programmes to support employees understanding and reinforcement of behaviours.
The change manager will act as a coach for senior leaders and executives in helping them fulfil the role of change sponsor. The change manager may also provide direct support and coaching to all levels of managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions. The change manager will also support project teams in integrating changemanagement activities into their project plans. Effective planning, communication, motivation and problem solving strategies will be essential to ensure successful change outcomes.
Drawing on your considerable previous experience of delivering a portfolio of complex projects, within budget and on time.
You will:- Apply a structured change management methodology and lead change management activities.- Support communication and key messages about the change.- Assess the change impact by conducting impact analyses, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders.- Support training the design and delivery of training programs.- Identify, analyse and prepare risk mitigation tactics- Identify and manage anticipated resistance- Consult and coach project teams- Coordinate efforts with other specialists- Integrate change management activities into project plan- Evaluate and ensure user readiness- Manage stakeholders- Track and report issues- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
To role model compassionate and inclusive leadership in order to shape the creation of a collective leadership culture within the trust. This means demonstrating a consistent leadership style which (a) engages, enables and empowers others (b) uses coaching to promote ownership of learning and quality improvement and (c) facilitates team working and collaboration within teams / departments and across organisational boundaries.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to Master level or with equivalent experience delivering major change programmes
- Relevant qualification, e.g. ONE of: Change Management Institute ACMF (Accredited Change Manager Foundation) or equivalent experience
- Evidence of continuous professional development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Teaching and/ or coaching qualification
- Prince 2 Foundation level qualification or similar
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Northumbria Healthcare Manufacturing and Innovation Hub
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.