An amazing opportunity has arisen for an experienced and Senior Nurse to join the management team within our Division as a Band 6 Sister on The Frailty Assessment Unit.
The Frailty Assessment Unit is a 16-bedded unit, which specialises in the frail older patient who require medical admission for varying medical conditions.
The Sister/Charge Nurse will play an essential role assisting Senior Sister/Charge Nurse in leading the nursing teams throughout the 24-hour period. They will act at all times to encourage an environment of empowerment through coaching, teaching and facilitating. They will act as a role model, promoting evidence-based practice, developing the nursing team and ensuring effective management of the unit in the absence of the Senior Sister/Charge Nurse.Main duties of the job
The Sister/Charge Nurse as an experienced nurse will co-ordinate activities on the unit ensuring effective communication at all times, providing support to qualified and unqualified nurses within the unit. He/she will play a key role in the assessment of patient care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of the rehabilitation programme.
Are you committed to providing excellent patient care either yourself or through your team?
Are you compassionate towards the families and friends of your patients?About us
Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of Yorkshire's leading acute trusts, serving a population of more than 444,000 across South Yorkshire, North Nottinghamshire and the surrounding areas.
Hosting three main hospital sites and a number ofadditional services, the Trust is one of only six Teaching Hospitals in Yorkshire and trains 25% of all medical students in the region, in addition to 30% of all other healthcare professional students.
A modern and forward-facing Trust employing over 6,600 members of staff, the hospital provides a full range of local hospital services across Doncaster Royal Infirmary in Doncaster,Bassetlaw Hospital in Worksop, Montagu Hospital in Mexborough.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Maintain personal NMC Registration and ensure adherence to NMC Codes of Supervision and Conduct.
- Maintain the highest standard of patient care at all times. Provide leadership and support to all members of the team and ensure they are conversant with the Trusts policies.
- Ensure that Protocols and Procedures are followed and supervise junior staff doing the same.
- Act as a clinical resource transferring appropriate skills to members of the team.
- Undertake delegated Performance and Development Reviews. Support the growth and development of individuals and the ward team.
- Contribute to the annual audit review of all aspects of clinical governance, disseminate the results and actively participate in the achievement of its goals.
- Utilise a variety of strategies to communicate effectively with patients and those involved in their care.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships to ensure continuity of care/dissemination of information and promotion of ideas.
- At all times respect patient confidentiality and in particular the confidentiality of electronically stored personal/manual data in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
- Encourage an environment of empowerment by example.
Please see detailed job description and person specification attached for more details.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Proven experience at Band 5
- Scope roles relevant to speciality
- Evidence of ward/dept management under supervision
- Development of knowledge and skills in speciality
- Experience of carrying out and monitoring PDA process
- Evidence of management responsibilities already undertaken
- RN with current registration
- Up-to-date knowledge of professional issues
- Teaching certificate (or evidence of working towards)
- Demonstrate professional post-registration development
- Post Registration educational development
- Participation in management development courses
- Demonstrate good verbal communication skills with multidisciplinary team/clients/relatives
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver educational and clinical skills training
- Demonstrate knowledge of dealing with conflict supporting staff through mechanisms such as clinical supervision
- Able to accommodate the demands of the post with flexible working practice as required with good attendance and high standards of clinical care
- Precise and methodical working practice and demonstrate ability to work and manage the ward day to day unsupervised
- National and local nutritional initiatives/policies
- NICE guidelines pertinent to Nutritional care of patients / service delivery
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Provide evidence of supervisor/ implementation of teaching programmes for student nurses, eg preceptorship education, mentorship
- Evidence of change management and involvement in service development
Doncaster & Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS FTAddress
Doncaster Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.