Are you an innovative, enthusiastic, organized and experienced Occupational Therapist with a strong interest ingeneral rehabilitation
looking for a new challenge? Would you like to work in a friendly and supportive team environment? Then this might be the job for you!
We are currently looking for a Band 6 Occupational Therapists to join our inpatient neurological rehabilitation team at the Robertson, Willesden Centre for Health and Care, based in Willesden. This role offers an excellent opportunity to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering holistic, client centred and evidence-based care.
You will have a role in actively developing your Occupational Therapy practice and delivering evidence-based rehabilitation and assessments for clients currently staying at Robertson Neuro rehab ward. Furness ward is a 19-bed in-patient general rehabilitation unit accepting adult clients with a range of presentations and co-morbidities with various general conditions, post operative surgeries, falls, fractures.Main duties of the job
As part of your role, you will be expected to build and maintain key relationships with acute and community referrers to the services as well as partners in the community across CLCH.
You should have at least 18-months post-registration experience, which should include working with a range of clients who require occupational therapy in a therapeutic setting. Effective time management and caseload management skills are essential, as are excellent communication skills and a commitment to the principles and practices of effective MDT working.
You will be joining a friendly and forward-thinking multidisciplinary service, which is committed to high standards of practice. We will support you in developing your clinical, supervisory and management skills. We will also offer you the opportunity to participate in clinical governance activities and other policy and service developments. We are committed to developing staff through regular supervision, appraisals and support in CPD opportunities.About us
Central London Community Healthcare (CLCH) is one of the largest community healthcare organisations in London and Hertfordshire, providing our services to diverse communities/boroughs in 11 London Boroughs - Barnet, Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hounslow, Kensington and Chelsea, Merton, Richmond, Wandsworth, Westminster - and Hertfordshire.
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
As an NHS trust,we are committed to equal opportunities and ensuring equality and diversity in the workplace.
We have a number of staff networks: Disability and Wellbeing Network (DAWN), Race Equality Network and the Rainbow Network which supports LGBT+ staff. Each network has a champion who is an executive director at the Trust and they hold regular meetingsto discuss issues andmake plans to improve CLCH . Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To be responsible for the provision of Occupational Therapy on the general rehabilitation ward, ensuring that services support the appropriate discharge of patients by providing rehabilitation and discharge planning.
- To be an active member of Furness rehab ward, providing a comprehensive, specialist rehabilitation occupational therapy service aimed at maximising functional ability and independence.
- To work as part of a multidisciplinary team to facilitate positive rehab outcomes and timely, co-ordinated discharge planning
- To work as a fully integrated team member sharing in the key worker, administrative, co-ordination and liaison responsibilities as appropriate.
- To work flexibly, being willing to work on other ward areas if/when required.
- To hold responsibility for own caseload, working with/ without direct supervision
- Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full roles and responsibilities
- Degree/Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Current HCPC Registration
- Evidence of post qualification study
- Significant post qualification experience which should include: ? Elderly Care ? Rehabilitation ? Intermediate Care/Community Rehabilitation ? MDT working ? Falls prevention
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Experience in acute hospital setting.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Flexible approach to working
- Demonstrate a problem solving approach.
- Able to delegate work and supervise staff
- Student supervision/teaching skills.
- Able to prioritise and manage own time.
- Able to present information both written and verbal.
- Aware of current issues in Occupational Therapy/NHS.
- Awareness of the legal responsibilities of the profession.
- IT skills
- Interest in rehabilitation and elderly care.
- Evidence of commitment to continuing professional development maintained in portfolio.
- Evidence of involvement in service delivery improvement.
- Able to provide evidence of where you have demonstrated the Trust's
- Values and Behaviours
- Able to demonstrate excellence in Customer Service
- Able to meet the required IT Skills for the post
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Driving licence
- Member of a Specialist Interest Group
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
Willesden Centre for Health and Care
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.