Do you want to be part of an innovative and dynamic IAPT service?
Are you passionate about step 2 evidence based psychological therapies for people with common mental health problems (depression and anxiety disorders), delivered in a variety of modalities?
The Senior Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners play a critical role in helping shape the future direction of the York and Selby IAPT service. As well as supporting step 2 staff in delivering high quality evidence based interventions the role includes carrying a small clinical caseload. We are therefore particularly interested in applicants who can demonstrate that they have practiced as a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner within the National IAPT Programme. The role should appeal to individuals keen to develop their skills in leadership and supporting front line clinical staff.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Step 2 workers within the York team. You will need to have excellent relationship and communication skills, and demonstrate a range of leadership qualities to engage and enthuse your staff. You will need to have good planning skills and oversight, to support the team with achieving the challenging KPIs set for the service.
IAPT supervisor training would be advantageous but not essential.
The role will be varied and you will be offered regular clinical supervision by the IAPT Clinical Lead and managerial supervision from the team Manager. Additional clinical and managerial training will also be offered to support you in your role. The York and Selby IAPT Service has a strong supportive leadership team which you will be a part of. You will also become an active member of the Yorkshire and Humber SPWP network hosted by NHSE.
This is an exciting time for the York and Selby IAPT service as we continue to expand and develop the service We are keen to hear from suitably experienced, enthusiastic and motivated individuals who are focused on providing patient centered care of the highest quality.About us
The service offer a hybrid working model with a split of working from home and working from an office or clinic space.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying.
Psychological wellbeing practitioners applying for the position must be accredited or eligible for accreditation.Person SpecificationQualifications/ ExperienceEssential
- IAPT qualification in Low Intensity interventions
- A qualification or substantial experience in Professional Supervision
- Significant experience of working with people with common mental health problems in an IAPT setting
- Ability to demonstrate a range of post-qualifying experiences in offering and delivering a full range of evidence-based IAPT low intensity interventions
- Experience of screening, assessing and working with a wide range of mental health issues at step 2.
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Substantial experience of multi-disciplinary teamwork.
- Experience of audit and research.
- Significant evidenced based knowledge of best practice in caring for patients within IAPT at step 2
- Detailed understanding of clinical governance and its application in practice.
- Detailed understanding of Safeguarding and its application in practice.
- Evidence of further training in psychological interventions/therapy.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel independantly
Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.