Milton Keynes Specialist Lifespan Eating Disorders Team are looking for Mental Health Practitioners from a nursing background who have previous Eating Disorders experience. This is an exciting opportunity which doesn't come along often! With a plan for development in the team and progression opportunities, now is a great time to be joining the team.
The team in Milton Keynes is one of a small number in the country who cater for patients across the lifespan, this means that we are able to treat and support all of our patients without the need for transitions and changes in staff, with one specialised Multi Disciplinary Team. Main duties of the job
We are looking for experienced RMN's who can offer exemplary assessment skills, manage a caseload and offer evidenced based treatment for people across Milton Keynes.
In return we can offer regular supervision, continuing professional development and flexible working as well as an opportunity to work within a multi disciplinary team. We recognise the changes in the Nursing world and that a specialism within Eating Disorders is rare, we are dedicated to supporting our team and offer this development role for the right nurse to progress from Band 6 to Band 7 with specialist support from a Clinical Nurse Lead (with years of experience in ED) alongside a skilled and dedicated MDT About us
We are passionate about delivering first-class patient-centred, safe and effective care, whether it is in a hospital setting, in a community clinic or in the patients own home. Patients are at the heart of everything we do. Providing top quality care depends on our ability to employ the best people. Were always looking to recruit outstanding people who will go the extra mile to support our patients, colleagues, teams and the Trust. With every new employee were hoping to find our future leaders and well support our staff by providing opportunities to develop your career.With a diverse culture and equally diverse range of opportunities across mental health, community services, addictions, eating disorders, learning disabilities and more whatever stage of your career you're at, there's always a place for you at CNWL.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The principle role is to assess, plan and implement specialist care for a caseload of patients with eating disorders.
The post holder will hold their own caseload, supported by the clinical lead and work closely with all other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
For more information about this post please see attached job descriptionPerson SpecificationQualifications and EducationEssential
- RMN qualification with a strong interest in Eating Disorders.
- Current valid registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Post graduate training and clinical expertise in at least one therapeutic model e.g. FBT, CBT, CBTE, MANTRA, SSCM
- Strong theoretical base across a number of theoretical models, especially those applicable to the treatment of Eating Disorders.
- post graduate experience in working in an out-patient CAMHS team with some experience of working with young people with Eating Disorders.
- A working knowledge of potential psychological, physiological and psychiatric complications of Eating Disorders
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- post-graduation experience of working with young people suffering with Eating Disorders and co-morbid illness
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Awareness of Clinical Guidelines - JUNIOR, MARSIPAN, NICE (2017)
- Awareness of Mental Health legislation in relation to Eating Disorders
Central and North West London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Eaglestone Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.