It is essential that the candidate have the motivation and enthusiasm to learn new skills in this specialized environment.
This is an ideal opportunity to develop and expand your knowledge and skills in a highly dynamic setting.
- Interest in Maxillofacial would be desirable.
- Recent hospital experience
- You must demonstrate good communication skills
- You must have good interpersonal skills
- Demonstration of professional development is essential.
We can offer
- Training and support
- Friendly and supportive environment
- Flexible working
Additional contact information
For an informal visit please contact Charge Nurse, Lisa Harper or Senior Dental Nurse Kerry Billany on 01482 468318Main duties of the job
The Main Duties of the Job that can be included are:
* The Registered Dental Nurse is to work alongside the Registered General Nurses and Healthcare Assistants in providing care for Maxillofacial and Orthodontic Patients within the unit.
* To work alongside the orthodontic consultants and therapists in providing chair side assistance with orthodontic treatment.
* To work alongside the maxillofacial doctors in providing assistance in Minor Oral Surgery.
* To provide high quality imaging in undertaking X-rays for patients as required.
* To assist Consultants as chaperones in Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery Clinics.
* To attend and assist Emergency Trauma Clinics on a rotation basis which includes weekend working.
* To provide high quality care in relation to their registration, following correct policy and guidelines.
* To assist the housekeeper in ensuring stock is well maintained.
* Support Management in achieving require audits and targets.
* Ensuring adequate equipment in place as needed and the uptake of this equipment and liaising with others as necessary.
* Keep up to date with mandatory training and participate in department meetings.
* Regular AppraisalsAbout us Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust strongly encourages new starters to have the Covid-19 vaccine. However, it is not a mandatory requirement to work for us.
HUTH has two main sites: Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital with an annual budget of approximately �800 million. The Trust employs around 11,000 staff and serves an extended population of 1.25 million, delivering a number of outpatient services from locations across the area.
The Trust's secondary care service portfolio is comprehensive, covering the major medical and surgical specialties, routine and specialist diagnostic services and other clinical support services. These services are provided primarily to a catchment population of approximately 600,000 in the Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire area.
HUTH provides specialist and tertiary services to a population of 1.25 million extending from Scarborough in North Yorkshire to Grimsby and Scunthorpe in North East and North Lincolnshire respectively.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- RDN qualification
- NEBN and or an appropriate qualification or equivalent
- Hold one or more of the following post reg qualifications NEBDN certificate in oral health, NEBDN in orthodontic nursing, NEBDN certificate in dental radiography
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Fluoride varnish application certificate
- post qualification chairside experience, demonstrating knowledge of dental treatments, procedures and the referral process
Skills and aptitudesEssential
- Experience with assisting provision of care GA/LA,
- Experience with provision of care for patients undergoing orthodontic treatment
- Experience with assisting provision of care undergoing restorative treatment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills
- Competent in basic MS office and IT applications
- Ability to deal with patients needs in a caring and sensitive manner
- To be efficient and accurate in record keeping
- Enhanced IT skills with the ability to roster and block clinics
- Enthusiasm, drive and commitment
- Ability to maintain good relationships with colleagues within various teams
- Able to travel in order to meet service needs
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to diffuse confrontational situations and de-escalation
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Castle Hill Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.