This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, enthusiastic, motivated Dietitian to join Derbyshire Eating Disorders Service.
The post will be based at Unity Mill in Belper however, ability to travel to various locations across Derbyshire is required.
There will be opportunity for some remote working as part of this role.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for a varied clinical caseload and for providing a specialist dietetics service to our community based eating disorders service alongside the multi-disciplinary team.
The post holder will gain experience working with a variety of primary eating disorders.
The post holder will be expected to provide high quality, evidence-based assessment and dietetic care plans for people with eating disorders. This includes anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, ARFID and OSFED.
Interventions are delivered individually or as part of a group. Consultancy work to other agencies will also be required. As part of the multi-disciplinary team you will be required to attend meetings and help to formulate care plans.
In addition to clinical work, your role may include delivering staff training and taking part in service development projects.
The successful applicant will be supported by a passionate and friendly team who are committed to continued professional development, clinical supervision and training opportunities.
We are a placement provider for student dietitians (A, B, C) from the University of Nottingham and the post holder will be involved in student training.About us
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the Trust.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBT+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
If you can demonstrate the willingness to learn and undertake a new challenge, we look forward to hearing from you!
For further information, informal enquiries or to arrange a visit please contact:
Julie Youle (Lead Eating Disorders Dietitian), email@example.comPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- HCPC Registration
- Undergraduate or Post Graduate Degree in Nutrition & Dietetics or similar non-UK qualification
- Working towards course in specialist area of practice e.g. with the BDA
- Completion of a clinical supervisory course
- Member of the BDA
- Member of relevant BDA specialist group e.g. mental health
- Possesses basic IT and computer skills
- UK driving licence and able to travel across Derbyshire
Knowledge / ExperienceEssential
- Completion of a behaviour change course for dietitians
- Can give examples of quality initiatives to improve patient care
- Working knowledge of relevant local and national clinical guidelines and professional policies
- Excellent knowledge of national guidelines and current evidence base related to dietetics in eating disorders e.g. relevant NICE guidelines
- Able to demonstrate a variety of postgraduate dietetic experience
- Experience of working with service users with mental health conditions
- Experience of managing own caseload including the management of complex cases and supporting others with their caseload
- Can demonstrate evidence of Continued Professional Development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working in a mental health setting
- Experience of leading clinical audit / service development projects
- Experience of supervising other members of staff and/ or students on placement
- Experience of developing, delivering and evaluating group education programmes for patients
- Experience of developing and delivering staff training
Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.