An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, dynamic, forward thinking and quality focused individual to join our Biomedical Scientist team in the UKAS accredited Qpoint External Quality Assessment Scheme and Point of Care Testing Team, part of the Berkshire and Surrey Pathology Services (BSPS) network.
Berkshire and Surrey Pathology Services (BSPS), one of the first NHS pathology networks to be established in 1998, is now one of the largest in the country. We are driven to provide a patient centred service which provides safe, high quality, clinically led diagnostics.
Berkshire Surrey Pathology Services (BSPS) is a mature, successful pathology network which is a contractual joint venture between the following Trusts:
Main duties of the jobSpecialist Biomedical Scientist in POCT and Qpoint EQA Scheme Coordinator and Quality Manager:
- Ashford and St. Peter's NHS Foundation Trust
- Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Surrey NHS Foundation Trust
- Surrey & Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
The post holder will:
About usThere's never been a more exciting time to build your career at Frimley Health, one of the country's largest and most respected trusts
- Work with considerable autonomy, ensuring robust processes are in place to secure a high standard of service provision by the Qpoint EQA Scheme.
- Actively participate in Qpoint Managers meetings.
- Advise Qpoint Scheme Manager, Deputy Manager and Director of required service improvements.
- Identify, report and perform root cause analysis on non-conforming work.
- Demonstrate and promote a culture of high-quality customer service within the Qpoint laboratory.
- Maintain confidentiality requirements between the Specialist BMS POCT Team role and the Qpoint EQA Scheme Coordinator role.
- Act as the key contact for EQA Scheme service quotes and manage billing reports.
- Produce, package and distribute PT items ensuring suitability and homogeneity is acceptable and documented.
- Perform appropriate statistical analysis on circulation data using documented procedures.
- Interrogate data using statistical programs to identify trends and analyse the possible causes on non-standard data.
- Evaluate the performance of participants based on agreed criteria and escalate issues where this is not possible in a timely fashion.
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust (FHFT) has an outstanding reputation and a proud record of achievement. We have an ongoing commitment to improving the health and care services for the 900,000 people we serve across Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and south Buckinghamshire.
We continue to invest in our services and facilities, including a �10 million upgrade to the hospital maternity unit as well as �49m major new Emergency Assessment Centre on our Wexham Park site. The opening of a brand new �100m state of the art hospital which replaced the existing hospital facility at Heatherwood and are planning to invest further in diagnostics and inpatient capacity at Frimley Park.
We have also made significant investment in our quality improvement and digital programmes to support our vision and we will ensure that we achieve our aim of providing the highest quality healthcare to our patients. Our new EPR - Epic - went live in June and we are already beginning to reap the benefits of this ambitious investment.
Our threecore values, and the behaviours that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other.
If you have a passion for clinical excellence, patient care and your own career development, you'll feel at home at Frimley Health.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached full Job Description for a detailed list of responsibilities and person specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree in a directly relevant subject e.g BSc Biomedical Sciences
- IBMS Registration Portfolio
- Two years post-registration experience as a biomedical scientist
- IBMS Specialist Portfolio
- European Computer Driving License
- In depth knowledge of POCT devices and their applications in primary and secondary healthcare settings
- Extensive experience supporting a POCT service
- Extensive experience of EQA schemes for POCT devices
- To have had extensive training experience
- Well-developed analytical laboratory skills. Able to perform precise manipulation and troubleshoot laboratory/POCT equipment
- Able to apply reason and logic in problem solving
- Conversant with Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health regulations and other Health and Safety regulations as applied to the clinical laboratory
- A thorough understanding of EQA and how it is applied to POCT
- Good understanding of computer logic to assist with software development and troubleshooting
Employer detailsEmployer name
- To have received formal training in audit, appraisal and management
Frimley Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Aldershot Centre for Health
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.