Northamptonshire NHS Foundation Trust are in Peterborough and recruiting now within the healthcare team at HMP Peterborough.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Health and Wellbeing Coach to join us working in an integrated healthcare team consisting of GPs, nurses, dentists, mental health clinicians, other outside healthcare specialist agencies, and prison staff.Main duties of the job
This role is to guide and prompt people to change their behavior, so they can make healthcare choices based on what matters to them and support them to become more active participants in their own care to achieve self-identified health and wellbeing goals.
Support people to improve how they manage their physical and mental health by developing the knowledge, skills, and confidence to change their health-related behaviors, helping to improve their overall quality of life, health, and wellbeing.
You will work to reduce health inequalities and develop health information in a variety of ways to ensure residents understand about good health and healthy lifestyles.
Specific objectives will be regularly agreed and reviewed and can be dependent on the area of focus the site and/or NHSE and NHFT have at the time.
HMP Peterborough opened in March 2005 and holds approximately 850 category B male residents, acting as a remand prison. The prison also holds up to 360 female residents acting as a category B and C for women for remand and sentenced residents. There is also a 12 bedded mother and baby unit. Both male and female prison has YOI accommodation.About us
NHFT is an integrated primary care and mental health Trust, providing physical, mental health and specialty services in both hospital settings and out in the community. Because we put the person at the centre of all we do, we focus on delivering care that is as easy to access as possible. This means many of our services can be provided at home, work or in schools.We also provide health services to various prisons and detention centres in Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information on the advertised role, please refer to the job description located under the Supporting Documents heading. The full person specification can be accessed under the About You Section of the document.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- ooQualified health professional registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC), Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP), British Dietetic Association or other relevant health governing body degree level or an equivalent qualification and/pr experience of expertise within health and wellbeing services.
- oExperience of using coaching approaches/frameworks and models or other helping strategies
- oAn understanding of different factors that influence our health and wellbeing.
- oEducated to minimum GCSE level or equivalent A-C or above, including English.
- ounderstanding of confidentiality.
- oWilling to comply with prison security requirements.
- oExperience in delivering structured interventions.
- oTeacher/coach in health and wellbeing i.e., Yoga teacher, fitness coach, personal trainer etc.
- oHave undertaken patient health and/or wellbeing assessments before.
- oKnowledge of the issues facing substance misusers and low-level mental health.
- oUnderstanding of social prescribing.
- oNVQ3 in health and social care or equivalent.
- oShort courses relating to health and wellbeing or relevant experience to diploma level.
- oKnowledge of primary care
- oTo Have an understanding of how to support those with neurodiverse needs including Autism, Attention deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
- oHave an understanding of trauma informed care and consider how trauma can affect a patient's willingness to engage with services.
- oUnderstanding how to apply health coaching in group or 121 settings.
- oAble to use a range of tools and techniques to enable and support patients.
- oTo be comfortable using IT, including email, word, and internet.
- oAbility to work with people in different ways such as by phone, video conference or face to face as needed.
- oAble to deal with interruptions and queries from colleagues throughout the day.
- oAbility to work in a flexible way and respond to change.
- oAbility to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- oSkilled in active and reflective listening, building trust and rapport quickly.
- oAble to take personal responsibility to keep knowledge up to date.
- oBe willing to undertake any training required as part of the role and in continued professional development.
- oAware of how to and importance the of maintaining records.
- oAble to collect statistical data and store information in accordance with requirements of the post, NHFT protocols and the data protection act.
- oAble to forge productive working relationships with team, clinician, senior practitioners, managers and other NHFT departments.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oHave demonstrative skills in supporting behavior change.
- oHave provided information to patients around health promotion in previous role.
- oAble to or willing to learn how to facilitate or co-facilitate patient groups
- oAbility to develop and run clinics.
Northamptonshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.