The Health & Safety team is looking to appoint a Senior Fire Officer on a full-time, permanent basis. You will deliver the fire safety strategy for the Trust and ensure that PAHT complies with all elements of the Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order, in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act.
You will also work closely with, and support the Health and Safety manager and colleagues within the Project Team in order to provide effective fire safety management throughout the Trust. This will involve the requirement for undertaking fire audits and risk assessments, the production of action plans attendance at and management of fire drills.Main duties of the job
- To provide professional advice to staff and management within the Trust on fire precaution issues.
- To carry out fire audits and risk assessment reviews and using Trust IT systems.
- Prepare and distribute action plans and monitor/follow up as necessary to the conclusion of the action throughout the Trust, together with monitoring 'means of escape' and preparing defect reports for action.
- Work closely with managers to achieve Fire Safety objectives in relation to Capital and planned/unplanned maintenance work.
- To liaise with the Local Authority/Fire and Rescue Service in the inspection of buildings, the investigation of outbreaks of fire, the implementations of Fire code and Trust policies in relation to the reduction of unwanted fire signals and fire matters of joint interest. This will also include networking with other Trusts and organisations on fire safety issues.
- To liaise with Building Control leads for the council in terms of compliance to fire standards in building projects, where applicable.
- Ensure that adequate records of all fire related incidents are kept and that necessary reports are prepared for senior management and NHS Estates.
- To ensure that all areas, specifically those occupied by service users, have documented and agreed evacuation procedures that preserve the safety of occupants in the event of a fire alert.
- Compilation and preparation of data in relation to fire issues for the Fire Safety Group and other ad hoc reports
This is an exciting time for PAHT. Over the next five years we are on a digital transformation journey, leading us to ourbrand new hospital. You'll be part of the team leading and supporting our organisation in a diverse and challenging role a role which can make a significant difference to our patients, staff and the future direction of our services.
Our people demonstrate energy and commitment towards improving the care and experiences provided to our patients and the drive to be an 'outstanding' organisation.
It's never been a better time to join us.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further details, please refer to the attached job description and person specification, available to download at any time.Person Specificationsuitably qualified or experienced in the roleEssential
- achieved satisfactory, relevant and suitable level of qualification/experience in fire
aptitude and ability for the demands of the physical elements of the roleEssential
- studying for fire safety diploma/degree currently in order to achieve the required qualification
- Applicants must be able to undertake the physical elements of the role, such as working at height, confined/awkward spaces etc
- flexibility and adaptability to different environments
- applicants must be able to communicate effectively to internal and external stakeholders, these include: staff at all levels, contractors, engineers etc
Employer detailsEmployer name
- applicants should have excellent written communication skills, report writing etc
The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS TrustAddress
Princess Alexandra NHS Hospitals Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.