An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Finance Manager - Planning and Projects role. We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and experienced finance manager that has experience with business cases and financial modelling.
We are a driven and motivated team passionate about improving patient care and the development of our finance team. We have professional accreditation with CIMA, ACCA and AAT as well as holding level 1 Future Focused Finance accreditation and offer support for further training and professional development.
The post holder, working in collaboration with the Head of Financial Management, will take the lead for financial planning and financial modelling on a Trust wide basis
The post holder will also provide a full financial service to Strategic Projects, which will involve developing the financial case, producing and presenting complex financial information, providing expert advice and support relating to all aspects of the functioning and development of Strategic Projects.Main duties of the job
- Supporting the Head of Financial Management in leading the annual budget setting process for the Trust, providing the coordinating function regarding planning submissions to Kent and Medway ICB, NHS England and other stakeholders.
- Developing and maintaining complex multi-year financial models for use in supporting both the Trust's long-term financial strategy and submission to NHS England and other stakeholders for financial sustainability assessments.
- Leading the Financial support in maintaining a performance management framework to ensure Strategic Projects achieve their financial objectives. This will involve developing and leading the budget setting approach
- Preparing and presenting the appropriate financial information and analysis to support future investment appraisal decisions ensuring that they deliver the required financial return.
- Analysing and interpreting the financial position of Strategic Projects, advising the Management Team on areas of poor performance and having a detailed understanding of the Trust cost base. This will enable informed tactical and strategic planning to help the Trust respond to the current financial regime in place.
- Providing expert financial advice to Directorates in undertaking any restructuring of services and to identify and help implement best practice in the provision of service
Please read the attached Job Description and Person Specification for further information.About us
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust is a large acute hospital Trust in the county of Kent.
The Trust provides a full range of general hospital services and some areas of specialist complex care to around 500,000 people living in the south part of West Kent and the north part of East Sussex.
The Trust's core catchment areas are Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells and their surrounding boroughs. We work from two main clinical sites: Maidstone Hospital and Tunbridge Wells Hospital at Pembury. Tunbridge Wells Hospital opened in 2011 and provides single rooms with en-suites for all in-patients - the first of its kind in the country.
We employ over 6,500 full and part-time staff in a huge range of clinical and non-clinical roles across both of our hospital sites.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Once your pre-employment checks have been completed you will be contacted by Recruitment to arrange your start date which will be in line with one of our Corporate Inductions.
At MTW, we seek to develop a culture where everyone can reach their full potential with opportunities to grow and develop their career. We recognise and value the unique contributions that each of our staff bring, delivering the best quality care and service to our patients. We are committed to being a diverse employer and strive to reflect everyone in our local communities. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and celebrate the diversity of thought, viewpoints and ideas that will make our Trust the best place to work. Interview Date: To be confirmedPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- CCAB or equivalent qualification
- oAbility to develop complex, contentious financial data and reports into a format which can be easily understood by all levels and professions within the Trust.
- oExcellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex and often contentious financial issues effectively with both non-finance and finance staff on a one to one basis or in large groups
- oMust be able to use Excel spreadsheets and a financial ledger system to an advanced, expert level.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Post Qualification Experience
- Business case preparation and the proven ability to evaluate and analyse a range of options and preferred outcomes
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.