We are looking for a Band 5 nurse who is compassionate, enjoys a challenge and is skilled in the delivery of holistic nursing care. We have an established training and induction plan for all new team members and experience in the community is therefore not essential.
You will be expected to work flexibly between the hours of 7am and 7pm, 7 days a week, (mostly 7.5 hours shifts) including weekends and bank holidays, across Community nursing and Intermediate Care (nursing) to meet the needs of the Service.
We deliver high quality care to the housebound patients in our locality (that incorporates Bovey Tracey and Chudleigh area) and work as part of multi-disciplinary team and in partnership with primary care and secondary care. We are a motivated and caring team to both patients and colleagues. The team is flexible and promotes a healthy work/home life balance.Main duties of the job
- To value everyone as an individual and actively support their right to have their voice heard in decisions about how their needs are met
- To value differences and individuality, showing respect to all
- To respond with humanity and kindness to every person, by listening attentively and respecting others in conversations
- To respect every person's preferred wishes whilst providing nursing care within their own home
- To provide the highest quality of care by listening to and acting on feedback
- By taking personal responsibility you will play your part in sustainably improving services by implementing change positively and contributing to MDT discussions in a constructive and flexible way
- To work in partnership to achieve the best possible outcomes for our people
- Helping and supporting your colleagues so that you work well together to achieve common goals and objectives
- To act as a role model, valuing everyone's opinion and experiences
- To seek out, recognise and value the contributions of others and the role they play in a patient's life
- To strive to provide excellent, innovative services that helps our people to be able to live their lives to the full
- Taking every opportunity to encourage and support individuals to improve their own health and wellbeing
Newton Abbot Community Nurse team is currently based across two locations, Albany Clinic in Newton Abbot and Tower House Surgery in Chudleigh. We cover a large geographical patch covering the practice population of nine GP surgeries.
A busy but friendly and supportive team we are committed to staff development through education and training helping staff realise their potential in topics of interest to them and encouraging career pathways in Community Nursing.
We pride ourselves on delivering high standards of care and building relationships within the communities we are part of. We are actively working to a more integrated approach to care delivery and work closely with our Intermediate Care, Social care and voluntary care sector colleagues to achieve this.
https://torbayandsouthdevon.pagetiger.com/utc-newton-abbot/1Job descriptionJob responsibilities
We are a large but supportive team who enjoys mentoring team members and students and is passionate about delivering quality care to the housebound patients. We work in an integrated way with allied health care professionals within the locality and our nursing team covers both Community and Intermediate care visits providing a breadth of nursing experience.
Full Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification
Why work with us - 1 (pagetiger.com)Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- Registered Nurse level 1
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Knowledge and experienceEssential
- Community Nurse Presciber (V150)
- Diabetes course
- Palliative and End of life care experience
- simple and complex Wound Care experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oProven relevant experience in a range of clinical skills including complex and specialist skills
- oAwareness of safeguarding adults and children
- oAwareness of mental capacity act
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.