Experienced Rotational Occupational Therapist
Are you passionate about delivering high quality, patient-centred care and keen to develop your occupational therapy knowledge and skills?
Come and work for the Therapy Department at the Royal Berkshire Hospital! We are an aspirational Therapy team, our mission is to deliver a high quality, modern, patient-centred service.
We work very closely with our Physiotherapy colleagues which we find gives us maximum opportunity for development and learning. We encourage active involvement in service development and leadership at Band 6 level. There are many opportunities for personal and professional development.
The rotations include:
- Orthopaedics (elective and trauma) and Surgery (planned and emergency).
- Medicine (Cardiac, Renal, Respiratory, Rheumatology, Endocrinology, Gastro, Haematology and Oncology).
- Elderly Care (including Hip Fragility Unit).
- Front Door Services (Emergency Department, Acute Medical Unit and Short Stay Unit).
- Acute Stroke Unit.
- Wheelchair Service.
- Early Supported Discharge (ESD) Service.
Your career progression and professional development will be keenly supported by our Therapies Leadership Team and our Practice Education Team.
We attract Occupational Therapists from all over the country and internationally. If you'd like to see more about what we do, please go to our twitter @rbhtherapyteam.Main duties of the job
- To be an experienced occupational therapist working for Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust Hospital (RBFT).
- To participate in the operational management and clinical leadership of occupational therapy in conjunction with the Band 7 Team Lead and/or Advanced Specialist OT.
- To use specialist occupational therapy knowledge and clinical reasoning skills to provide specialist support and advice to the occupational therapy team and to manage own caseload of patients with complex conditions as an autonomous practitioner.
- To ensure a high quality, effective and efficient occupational therapy service in designated area.
- To be a member of the Therapy Department contributing to planning and policy development in these departments.
- To deputise for the Band 7 Team Lead/Advanced Specialist as required.
The Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest District General Hospitals in the country. The hospital achieved Foundation Trust status on 1st June 2006. It was the first Foundation Trust in the South Central Strategic Health Authority. The Trust has a successful track record of delivering high quality acute medical and surgical services for 500,000 patients across West Berkshire, an area extending from Newbury in the west to Henley-on-Thames in the east, and including Wokingham and parts of Hampshire to the south and parts of Oxfordshire to the north. The Trust is Reading's biggest employer.
Reading sits on the river Thames and is served by great road and rail links to London, Oxford and Southampton. With excellent leisure and shopping facilities, and a thriving cultural scene, Reading is a wonderful place to live, work and play and provides excellent facilities for families, including some of the best state and private schools in the UK.
The CQC recently rated the care provided by the Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust as Good.
Our values:Compassionate,Aspirational,Resourceful,Excellent, reflect the type of Trust we aspire to be and you can join our dedicated and talented staff to make this happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please review the attached job description and person specification for a detailed overview of the main duties and responsibilities for this role.Person SpecificationOtherEssential
Knowledge/Skills & ExperienceEssential
- Car driver with UK driving licence, able to drive pool car for access visits
- Degree or other recognised qualification in Occupational Therapy
- Post graduate specialist experience as demonstrated by ongoing CPD , evidence-based project work, post graduate teaching
- HPC Registered
- Specialist post graduate experience
- Understanding of a broad range of Elderly care, Medical, Neurological, musculoskeletal & orthopaedic or surgical conditions
- Post-graduate training in the management of conditions
- Experience of teaching and presenting to other staff
- Experience of supervising and developing other staff and students
Employer detailsEmployer name
- BSc OT
- Specialist knowledge in related area
- Member of related Clinical Interest group
- Research or audit experience
- Training and Presentation skills
Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Berkshire Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.