We are seeking a highly motivated, successful professional nurse to join our Specialist Services as a Senior Nurse Manager for MHSOP Community services.
You will have significant post registration experience with a proven track record of excellent leadership and managerial skills.
In return we offer you the opportunity to develop and enhance your career / skill set with a team of like-minded Senior Managers committed to improving patient care.Main duties of the job
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated and creative nurse to help shape and advance the direction for nursing at a senior level in the fields of Older Peoples' Mental Health and Neuropsychiatry.
You will provide professional leadership to the mental health nurses in our community-facing services. You will also be responsible for the nursing workforce within our Welsh Regional Neuropsychiatry Service.
You will contribute to the Mental Health Services for Older People Directorate in terms of the shaping the clinical nursing strategy, and shaping the service as a whole. You will play a significant role in developing our functional mental health services as well as our dementia services, and you will be part of the Directorate's journey in developing and strengthening psychological interventions for all of our service users.
As the successful applicant you will have experience at Sister / Charge Nurse level (or equivalent) and will demonstrate a familiarity with managing service change and communicating service objectives to your teams in an effective and successful way. You will exemplify the characteristics of enthusiasm, positivity and resilience.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About usCardiff and Vale University Health Board
is one of the largest Integrated Health Boards in the UK, employing over 15,000 staff, providing over 100 specialist services. Working across 6 hospital sites, we have a diverse range of career opportunities to offer. Serving around 500,000 people living in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan, we are focussed on the health and care needs of our local population whilst working with our partners to develop regional services.
Our mission is Caring for People, Keeping People Well,
and our vision is that every person's chance of leading a healthy life should be equal. As an organisation we are unashamedly ambitious for our population's health, rising to the challenges of today and tomorrow through our 10-year strategy, Shaping our Future Wellbeing. We are contributing to a healthier Wales with great emphasis placed on innovation and improvement, learning from around the world and leading the way in clinical research. Partnership working is strong at Cardiff and Vale, and we work closely with our staff and our community.
Cardiff, the thriving Welsh capital, is a fantastic city to live and work in with an abundance of sports, arts and cultural attractions. Situated to the west of Cardiff, the Vale of Glamorgan offers a combination of beautiful Welsh countryside and a dramatic natural coastline. Whether city life or rural living, Cardiff and the Vale offers the best of both worlds.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Msc / level 7 in Mental Health or working towards
- Registered Mental health Nurse
- Completion of Leadership Development Programme
- Postgraduate training in specialist interventions
- Management course / qualification
- Relevant qualifications related to mental health, e.g. psychological therapies
- Professional clinical experience at a senior level
- Proven record of leading and effectively managing change
- Experience of successfully resolving complex problems
- Experience of successful resource and budget management
- Experience in service development
- Experience of patient/public involvement
- Advanced theoretical and practical knowledge of a wide range of approaches to the management of patients, demonstrated by advanced clinical reasoning
- Previous experience of student and staff supervision
- Demonstrate involvement with innovative practice developments and demonstrate evidence of significant achievements
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of using psychological therapies and delivering treatment
Cardiff and Vale University Health BoardAddress
University Hospital Llandough
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.