Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist 1WTE Fixed Term 1 year (maternity leave cover), band 7 Early Years and Dysphagia (Hammersmith & Fulham)
We are seeking highly specialist, innovative and passionate SLT to join the Early Years (EY) SLT team working with children with Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN) and dysphagia within the Inner London borough of Hammersmith and Fulham.
The post holder will work in partnership with parents/carers, other members of the multi-disciplinary team and nurseries/schools to deliver a high-quality service. As well as being experienced in delivering a range of communication interventions, the post holder should have knowledge and skills in paediatric dysphagia, equivalent to level C or above of the RCSLT dysphagia competencies.Main duties of the jobJoin us if you want to:
- Be part of a service which has an active diversity and inclusion ethos where EDI is established as part of our Business as Usual when thinking about our service users and our staff.
- Continue to develop your clinical skills including carrying out assessment, identifying needs, developing, implementing and evaluating specialist programmes of care (communication and dysphagia).
- Work with education colleagues and families to embed communication supportive environments and run evidence based targeted interventions.
- Enhance your management and clinical supervision skills in relation to both communication and dysphagia (including supporting other members of the team to develop their RCSLT dysphagia competencies).
- Lead quality improvement work of the wider CLCH SLT EY and Dysphagia Services.
- Work in innovative, motivated teams in a supportive and progressive environment
For further info on working in our Team, please take a look at our recruitment video: CLCH S& L Recruitment - YouTube Interview date: Wednesday 5th October 2023About us
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Support with gaining your driving license *T& C's apply
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
To have a full look at our benefits and what it's like working for us please go here: https://www.clch.nhs.uk/job/pay-and-benefitsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- To assess, develop and implement Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapy
provision for children with dysphagia and SLCN including additional specialist intervention and support to children with one of more specific clinical areas e.g. Complex Needs, ASD, Speech Disorder, DLD.
- To write reports reflecting highly specialist knowledge including initial assessment/review reports, EHCNA, Annual Reviews and Tribunal reports.
- To provide appropriate highly specialist intervention and evaluate outcomes.
- To provide advice and support to others regarding the management and care of children and young people with dysphagia and SLCN.
- To adapt practice to meet individual client and families circumstances.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full roles and responsibilities.
- Recognised SLT degree or equivalent
- Health Care Professionals Council Licence to Practice
- Current registered membership of HCPC and RCSLT
- Evidence of competency level C or above of the RCSLT Dysphagia Competency Framework
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of Infant training courses
- Advanced dysphagia qualification /post graduate paediatric dysphagia training e.g. Manchester Post Basic Dysphagia Course
- Evidence of completion of highly specialist short courses in dysphagia management
- Evidence of successful completion of specialist short courses up to Masters degree or equivalent
- Membership of relevant Clinical Excellence Networks (CENs)
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
Parkview Centre for Health & Wellbeing
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.