We have an exciting opportunity for a band 6 or band 5 to 6 development post with the dietetic oncology team at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust. We are looking for an enthusiastic, cheerful and conscientious dietitian to further develop the dietetic service for the Kent Oncology Centre based at Maidstone Hospital.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team including Consultant Oncologists, Oncology Speech and Language Therapist and Oncology Dietitians, your role would be to initiate and develop our service to include preassessment and survivorship programs as well as develop our existing care pathways.Main duties of the job
There are specific Key Performance Indicators to work towards and continue to develop a service to provide dietetic care to these patients their families and carers in ways that can fully use IT solutions, media and other methods of delivering care using IT and media solutions
You will liaise closely with the community dietetic team who will also be part of the care of the oncology home enteral fed patient and MTW staff for safe and effective delivery of dietetics and nutrition for the oncology patient.
We are a friendly, supportive and innovative department with a commitment to patient-centred care and best practice. If this sounds like an exciting step within your career, then we would love to read your application.
Please visit the video link below to provide you with an insightas to why you should come and join our fantastic therapy department at MTW!
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust is a large acute hospital Trust in the county of Kent.
The Trust provides a full range of general hospital services and some areas of specialist complex care to around 500,000 people living in the south part of West Kent and the north part of East Sussex.
The Trust's core catchment areas are Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells and their surrounding boroughs. We work from two main clinical sites: Maidstone Hospital and Tunbridge Wells Hospital at Pembury. Tunbridge Wells Hospital opened in 2011 and provides single rooms with en-suites for all in-patients - the first of its kind in the country.
We employ over 6,500 full and part-time staff in a huge range of clinical and non-clinical roles across both of our hospital sites.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Once your pre-employment checks have been completed you will be contacted by Recruitment to arrange your start date which will be in line with one of our Corporate Inductions.
Please note that appointment to this post will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service Check at Enhanced Level. (Enhanced level now includes regulated checks against vulnerable adults and children)
At MTW, we seek to develop a culture where everyone can reach their full potential with opportunities to grow and develop their career. We recognise and value the unique contributions that each of our staff bring, delivering the best quality care and service to our patients. We are committed to being a diverse employer and strive to reflect everyone in our local communities. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and celebrate the diversity of thought, viewpoints and ideas that will make our Trust the best place to work. Interview Date: To be confirmed
Applicants whose first language is not English and who are required to provide a language test certificate as evidence of their proficiency must ensure that it is, or is equivalent to, IELTS level 7.0 with no element below 6.5. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BSc.(Hons) or Postgraduate Diploma in Dietetics or equivalent qualification
- Current state registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Member of the British Dietetic Association (BDA) or other body conferring professional insurance
- Post graduate level qualification in relevant area of dietetics
- Active member of a relevant BDA Specialist Group
- Dietetic experience post qualification
- Experience of managing patients with complex nutritional support requirements
- Experience of managing complex enteral feed discharges
- Evidence of recent CPD in oncology dietetics
- Experience of service development
- Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience working with groups of patients
- Experience of supervising and appraising junior colleagues
- Evidence of involvement in audit
- Experience of teaching and training dietetic colleagues and other members of the MDT
- Research experience
- Experience of working in UGI oncology, haematology services and palliative care
- Experience of parenteral nutrition
- Up to date knowledge of the complex effects of cancer and treatments on the nutritional status of oncology patients
- In depth knowledge of enteral feeding systems
- Understanding of current issues relating to cancer and UGI
- In-depth knowledge of national policies and procedures (relevant to the specialist patient group)
- In-depth knowledge of the principles of clinical governance and experience of conducting clinical audit
- Evidence of oncology courses attended
- Postgraduate study in relevant area of dietetics
- Excellent supervisory and mentoring skills
- Evidence of a high standard of record keeping
- Excellent organisational skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Counselling skills or post graduate training in behaviour change techniques
- Experience of dietary analysis packages
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.