An exciting career opportunity has arisen for a Management Accountant to join our finance team at Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust. Inspired by the Trust's Our Journey to Change we continue to embark on developing our 'Finance Journey', making this a great time for you to consider joining us.
The Finance teams include many passionate, highly skilled, professional and experienced colleagues who put people at the heart of everything we do. We are ambitious and want to continuously improve, whether that supports improved patient outcomes in providing high quality support to our Mental Health, Learning Disability and Autism services, value for money or colleague experience, and we want someone who shares that sense of ambition and energy to deliver the change.Main duties of the job
The Directorate provides a wide range of business support to the Trust including:
- Contracting & Income
- Financial Management and Reporting
- Finance Business Partnering
- Financial Service
- Payroll and Employee Services
Working with the Principal Finance Business Partner and Senior Management Accountant, you will provide financial support to the Secure Inpatient Services, Health and Justice Services and Adult Learning Disability Services within the Durham, Tees Valley Care Group within the Trust. As the Management Accountant, you will be responsible for supporting the provision of financial advice, direction, and support to both financial and non-financial senior managers, and their management teams. Balancing an approach of support with appropriate challenge together you will deliver strong performance management reporting and forecasting to strict and challenging deadlines.
Supporting thePrincipal Finance Business Partnersand Senior Management Accountant with financial planning processes, including budget setting and service developments you will carry out value for money, benchmarking activities and risk analysis alongside any existing, new or emerging legislation, policy, or procedural change.About us
Our staff have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that help to support our services in providing excellent patient care.
The finance department has embarked on an exciting transformation journey and has recently received Level 1 One NHS Finance Towards Excellence Accreditation which demonstrates we've developed a culture where staff feel appreciated and their successes are celebrated.
The Trust is a member organisation of the Healthcare Financial Management association (HFMA) as such we have access to the Mental Health Provider Network and Costing for Value Institute and their associated development and learning opportunities.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying.
We encourage team members to volunteer to participate in finance improvement working groups. As an accredited organisation with AAT, ACCA, with CIMA (pending) we have reinforced our commitment to staff development by encouraging Continuing Professional Development, offering developmental opportunities through programmes such as the National Finance Academy, Future Focussed Finance and Skills Development Network, as well as study support packages.
We can offer you the full range of NHS benefits/discounts and in addition:
- Working from home policy
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent pension scheme and annual leave entitlement
- Free Parking
- Support in career development
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars, Cycle to Work scheme and home electronics
We want you to be part of Our Journey to Change. This is our vision for where we want to be in five years' time - it explains why we do what we do, the kind of organisation we want to be and the three big goals we're committing to over the next five years.
It's the result of our biggest ever listening exercise and importantly it's been co-created with staff, patients, carers, and partners.
The Management Accountant will, as part of the finance team, play a key role in promoting an organisational culture that actively promotes the Trusts Vision and Values and positively engages staff, service users and other stakeholders in quality improvement and service transformation.
If you would like to join us on our journey, Steven Tait, our Principal Finance Business Partner would welcome having a conversation with you. Should you wish to discuss the role and job description further please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Part qualified accountant (CCAB or equivalent) with willingness to achieve full qualification within agreed timescale
- or Part qualified accountant (CCAB or equivalent) with experience equating to full qualification.
- Progression towards a CCAB or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in finance or management accountancy.
- Computerised financial and management accounting systems
- A working knowledge and experience of computer systems and applications essential to create, format and manipulate comprehensive databases and spreadsheets using Trust's computer software to aid financial reporting, adapt and improve financial systems where necessary.
- Understanding of costing principles.
- Knowledge of government policy for NHS
- Public sector finance knowledge.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Numeracy, analytical and investigative skills
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written.
- Leadership skills.
- Problem solving and development skills.
Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Flatts Lane Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.