This is a fixed-term/secondment cover for 24 months. If you are an internal candidate on a substantive contract you may only apply for a secondment. Please ensure you have the support of your current line manager before applying. At the end of your secondment you will return to your current post at your current grade.
Looking for an Information Analyst to join the Business Intelligence function of the Trust working to support the Business Intelligence Team. Looking to provide data support and insight into bespoke areas of operations and drive improved performance. They must have experience of using SQL in order to query code and set up reports in reporting packages. Ideally they will have experience of working in a Health care setting.Main duties of the job
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Business Intelligence team.
The individual will be well used to a project management style approach, working with new/unfamiliar data and pulling out sensible reporting and KPI structures. Ideally experienced in SQL coding in SSRS and used to working with relational database management structures.About us
We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust)a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care.
We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B& NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset.
Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care.
At AWP we actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds we are particularly keen to encourage applications from people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, those with disabilities and from the LGBTQ+ community. We want people to bring their unique blend of experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and knowledge to AWP, as diversity makes us stronger.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To develop and provide accurate and timely reports on activity and performance to commissioners, directors, managers and clinicians.
- To develop and maintain reports to be run by local staff in support of day-to-day operational activity.
- To help develop a culture based around the positive use of information for service delivery and service development.
- To support best practice techniques to uphold data quality and improve timeliness of information across the Trust
- Within designated areas, to provide an information reporting and analysis service to managers and clinicians to enable monitoring and improvement of their services.
- Responsible for all information provision within designated areas including maintaining and developing knowledge of specific reporting requirements
- To provide information, both patient-based and aggregate, to partner organisations within and outside the NHS for planning and commissioning purposes.
- Support staff with advice on data collection and definitions, in order to support their use of information and of the Trusts new patient administration system (RiO).
- Liaise with staff in their working environments to align data to their requirements and assist with data quality.
- To influence the organisational culture to make better use of information.
- Provide support and training to other members of the Information Team, as determined by the Senior Information Analyst.
- Participate in Trust-wide projects and groups as determined by the Senior Information Analyst.
- Educated to masters level or equivalent level of experience of working at a similar level in specialist area.
- Qualified in or experience of working with relational databases and information reporting packages.
- Analysing and engaging with Trust operational dat
- Designing, developing and validating Reporting Services reports
- Knowledge & experience of NHS informatics, including Mental Health datasets (e.g. MHSDS)
- Experience of working with both relational and OLAP databases
- Experience of writing up test cases and insert test values into UAT environments
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to grasp complex technical data requirements.
- Data manipulation and analysis.
- Well organised with a logical approach
- Attention to detail.
- Good written communication skills.
- Good verbal communication skills
- An ability to engender confidence in information in staff of the Trust
- An ability to work in a stressful environment whilst maintaining personal calm and control.
Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS TrustAddress
Bath NHS House
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.