Have you recently finished your clinical diploma or are about to in the coming months? If so, this could be just the role for you. We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed clinical pharmacist to join our friendly team at Prince Charles Hospital in our new, purpose built, pharmacy department.
Prince Charles Hospital is located in Merthyr Tydfil on the A470 allowing easy access to the vibrant capital city (Cardiff) and the beautiful landscapes of the Brecon Beacons.Main duties of the job
In Prince Charles Hospital we pride ourselves in the way we support our pharmacists to develop. This role will help you gain advanced clinical knowledge and strengthen your clinical decision making skills to enable you to work with greater autonomy and responsibility.
You will possess excellent communication skills, a passion for improvement and patient focused care and be able to work well as part of a multidisciplinary team. The successful candidate will rotate through a range of clinical specialities providing a clinical pharmacy service to medicine and surgery including cardiology, surgery, critical care and gastroenterology.
The Medicines Management directorate is forward thinking and innovative, having an integrated approach to Primary and Secondary Care management of medicines. The hospital site has automated pharmacy systems, comprehensive Medicines Management services and an electronic discharge system. Pharmacists led clinics are well established and Pharmacy staff are valued members of clinical multidisciplinary teams in both Primary and Secondary Care.
The successful applicant will contribute tothe Emergency Duty Service.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
We listen, learn and improve
We treat everyone with respect
We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Master's degree in pharmacy
- Registered with general pharmaceutical council
- Post graduate diploma in clinical or hospital pharmacy, or equivalent clinical experience
- Good knowledge of medicines management
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- MSc in clinical pharmacy
- Evidence of building your portfolio for RPS Faculty
- Independent Prescriber
- Member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS)
- Significant post registration pharmacy experience
- Experience of working effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Hospital pharmacy experience
- Broad experience of clinical pharmacy
- Experience of primary care pharmacy
- Meets all essential criteria for aptitude and abilities and skills
- Ability to speak Welsh to a satisfactory level
- Financial modelling and forecasting skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Meets all essential criteria for personal qualities
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Prince Charles Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.