Are you an experienced administrator looking to take the next step in your career?
If so, we'd like to invite you to apply for the role of Operational Administration Manager, working within the Estates and Facilities Team.
This is a new role for the service, providing an opportunity for someone to develop within the role. We are excited about the developments you can bring to the team and this is valuable addition to the service and the teams you will be leading.Main duties of the job
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to progress into an operational management role. You'll provide much needed support to the Operational teams and assist with the smooth running of the service by taking care of a range of administrative duties, including oversight of the Helpdesk.
You'll provide leadership to the administrative support and the helpdesk initially There will also be opportunities to play a key role in projects to develop the Helpdesk and other central functions and streamline processes.
This is a varied role working within an interesting setting. You'll be given the autonomy to make decisions and work independently, with the support of the Managerial Lead as and when needed .About us
Mersey Care is one of the largest trusts providing physical health and mental health services in the North West, serving more than 11 million people.
We offer specialist inpatient and community services that support physical and mental health and specialist inpatient mental health, learning disability, addiction and brain injury services. Mersey Care is one of only three trusts in the UK that offer high secure mental health facilities.
At the heart of all we do is our commitment to 'perfect care' - care that is safe, effective, positively experienced, timely, equitable and efficient. We support our staff to do the best job they can and work alongside service users, their families, and carers to design and develop future services together. We're currently delivering a programme of organisational and service transformation to significantly improve the quality of the services we provide and safely reduce cost as we do so
Our ambition is to deliver perfect care to become the world's leading organisation in holistic health and well being.
Mersey Care's vision and values of Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm and Support (CARES) drive our organisation and the way we work together to deliver services. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate, during recruitment and any subsequent employment with the Trust, that their behaviour supports our values.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
1.Responsible for the overall Line management of B2 to band 5 admin/Helpdesk and switchboard staff.2.Developing links with key Divisional contacts ensuring robust project management and roll-out plans to deliver equity of access across Merseyside footprint.3.Work as part of the Operational Senior Team in the development of the current service in line with departmental and Trust strategy.4.Promote and develop a communications strategy for new service developments targeting all stakeholders and include users and carers.5.Work with the Compliance and Governance Manager in ensuring that the appropriate operational service framework is in place to deliver new service developments across all developments including information technology, information systems, telecommunications and premises.6.To manage recruitment, workforce planning and the deployment of resources within the teams in order to maintain a skilled and effective workforce and meet contractual obligations.7.To motivate and develop teams through coaching, feedback and personal development in order to enhance performance delivery meet contractual obligation and maximise staff retention.8.Manage conformance of department against policy, procedure and mandatory training.9.Lead on change management in an ever-changing environment using Project methodology and managing as a significant project where appropriate.10.Take a lead on and ensure that contingency and escalation procedures are maintained and followed when required.11.Actively manage complaints, including contacting and handling of complaints and implement changes through reflective learning and outcomes.12.Lead on significant projects and participate fully in cross-functional and organisation-wide projects to ensure their delivery to time, budget and specification.13.Build and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders and stakeholder groups to facilitate the effective delivery of operational activities.14.In conjunction with the Compliance and Governance Manager continually review the department and operational processes in line with integrating
15.Create, analyse and interpret performance information and support the development of action plans, business cases and impact in order to meet contractual KPIs.16.Support on the design and implementation of the reporting framework and lead on relevant elements.17.Take a lead role in customer satisfaction monitoring.18.Ensure audit results are utilised to drive service improvements.19.To maintain specialist knowledge of a wide range of Administration services and systems.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- Degree or equivalent in an appropriate subject, or significant administration management experience
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Prince 2 practitioner qualification or relevant project qualification
- Managing projects in an NHS environment
- Experience of Change Management and workforce redesign
- In depth experience of operational management and service delivery with a minimum of 3 years experience
- Demonstrable experience in Admin Management with a minimum of 3 years experience
- Experience in analysing data from telephony and IT systems
- A high level of experience of performance management to KPI's o
- Experience of dealing with Senior Leads/ Heads of Service and able to delegate
- Demonstrable experience of Administration resource evaluation, planning and management
- High Level experience in data analysis and data interpretation
- Significant planning and organisation skills
- Demonstrates understanding of wider aspects/implications of problems and issues
- Excellent leadership, delegation and team building skills
- Knowledge of relevant processes and procedures around administration management
- Significant problem solving and financial control skills
- Demonstrated planning and scheduling skills, ensuring the complex activities of interrelated teams are controlled, coordinated and linked into the overall business plan
- Demonstrated networking and communication skills able to communicate effectively
- Able to manage complex processes
- Deep understanding of relevant regulatory issues and constraints
- Able to contribute and lead on the development of operational strategy and policies
- Knowledge of telephony data and statistics and their impact upon Administration Demonstrated record of success in communicating and managing relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to work as a member of a team or autonomously, as required
- Significant understanding of commercial, finance and legislative requirements
- An understanding of and ability to work with sensitive, complex, difficult and confidential situations
- Ability to work with a diverse range of people and cultures
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Continuous Improvement
- High professional standards
- Responsive to service users
- Engaging leadership style
- Strong customer service belief
- Transparency and honesty
- Change oriented
Mersey Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Hollins Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.