We are recruiting for 2 Mammographers
who wish to join the Breast Imaging Team at St Mary's Hospital, Isle of Wight. You should share our passion and drive to ensure that our patients receive quality and compassionate care and work with us to ensure the Trust continues its journey towards great people, great place.
This is a truly exciting time to join our team as we work towards launching our newly developed �10m Community Diagnostic Centre (CDC) that will deliver first-class diagnostic care to our community.
The new centre will have the ability to deliver joined up diagnostic care, and with increased capacity this will ensure our patients will have faster access to treatment, earlier diagnosis, and improved outcomes.
By becoming part of our team, you will have the opportunity to work in innovative ways and play a central role in how we improve patient pathways, delivering the right test, at the right time, in the right place.
Preference for a band 6 full time, driven mammographer with previous NHS and breast screening experience. Career development may be possible for the right candidate.
Part time and training post may be considered so do not hesitate in applying. Pay band will be dependent on past experience.Main duties of the job
To be responsible for the delivery of high quality Breast Imaging as part of the National Breast Screening Program (NHSBSP) and Symptomatic Services for the Isle of Wight.
To provide professional support to maintain clinical standards for the radiographic team undertaking both symptomatic and screening mammography.
To be responsible as justifier and operator for the safe use of ionising radiation and work within the IR(ME)R regulations also to act as referrer for breast screening programme.
To manage your specific area within the Breast Screening Unit on a day-to-day basis, making use of staff, equipment and other resources to provide a service of the highest quality to patients, their carers and their referring clinicians.
Carry out additional departmental duties as requested by Superintendent Radiographer and to represent The Isle of Wight Breast Screening Unit at Regional meetings when the Superintendent is unable to attend.
We are passionate about providing excellent CARE, which is why our values are C
espect and E
veryone counts. Our mission is to make sure that our community is at the heart of everything we do and that we hold our values across all our services.
We are committed to endorsing inclusion, diversity and multiculturalism throughout out services and as such, our procedures and policies ensure that applicants are always treated fairly throughout the recruitment process.About us
The Isle of Wight NHS Trust is the only integrated acute, community, mental health and ambulance health care provider in England. We serve a population of approximately 150,000 residents, making the services we offer variable and personalised with a flexible approach to our service users.
Working for our Trust brings a variety of benefits, including an onsite day nursery, cycle-to-work scheme, discounts at local businesses and gyms, and the opportunity to hire Trust's beach hut in Ryde. We offer many flexible working opportunities, speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement for you and if it works for the service, we will do our best to make it work for you.
The Isle of Wight is a unique and stunning gem located off the South Coast of England, a short ferry journey from Portsmouth and Southampton, with journey times taking from as little as 10 minutes. London can be reached in 90 minutes by rail from Southampton or Portsmouth. The island offers an amazing coastline with beautiful countryside, year-round events, festivals and award-winning attractions.
Our 2020-2025 strategy sets out to ensure that we continue to be a provider of excellent and compassionate care. As part of this strategy, we are proactively taking steps to ensure that we recruit and retain the highest quality of talent to provide CARE and we would welcome applications from under-represented groups to ensure our Trust is an inclusive and diverse employer.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Attached you will find the person specification document which provides more detail about the essential and desirable skills and experience needed for this role. We highly recommend you review this document and use it when completing your application as these criteria are used by hiring managers as guidance during shortlisting.
For an overview of the main duties of the role please see the 'Job Description and Main Responsibilities' section below. To understand the day-to-day responsibilities in more detail please read the full job description document attached.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Role Specific KnowledgeEssential
- Diploma of College of Radiographers or BSc equivalent
- State Registration with the Health Profession Council
- Post qualification experience
- Holder (or willing to train) in Certificate of Competence in Mammography or post graduate Certificate in Mammography practice
- The post holder must be female under the terms and conditions of the Sex Discrimination Act-section 7(2)(e).
- High Technical standards with proven evidence of CPD, clinical expertise in mammography and specialist knowledge of breast diseases.
- To work effectively single-handed or as part of the multidisciplinary team
- NHS Experience
- Be able to operate VDU equipment in both image acquisition and data management
- Be able to operate manual handling aids, as provided by the department including patient slide boards, sheets, hoists and trolleys
- Be able to operate and move full range of radiographic equipment including mammography units, over-couch tubes, mobile Image Intensifiers with monitors and mobile x-ray machines, ultrasound machines (motorised and non-motorised)
- Computer literacy
- Can undertake and act upon any audit of working practises
- Must be able to demonstrate good technical knowledge and continue to develop it
- To be responsive to change in working practices and environments and help in any implementation where required.
- Willing to work in general radiology if required
- Ability to work under extreme emotionally charged conditions
- Able to observe all legal requirements of the work, such as COSHH, the Health and Safety at Work Act, IR(ME)R and subsequent amending legislation
- Must be able to work to short deadlines and have a flexible approach to workload
- Will participate in staff appraisal and able to be critical of own work
- Able to demonstrate skill and judgement during complex situations
- Able to handle those with poor personal hygiene
- Ability to work flexible work rosters
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Effective advocate for patients
- Evidence of leadership skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Can work with and understand those patients who may become aggressive or uncooperative.
Isle of Wight NHS TrustAddress
St. Mary's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.