An exciting opportunity has arisen for two full-time Permanent Band 6 Practice Facilitators Assistant to join the Practice facilitator Team.
This will include (please read full job description and person specification):
- This post focuses supporting learning in practice and ensuring that Practice Supervisors and Practice Assessors within ABUHB fulfil the requirements of the Nursing and Midwifery Council Standards Framework for Nursing and Midwifery Education (2018
- Delivering the Practice Supervisor and Practice Assessor (PS/PA) Preparation Programme.
- Provide ongoing support to and give guidance when managing challenging student issues.
- Deliver update sessions to PS /PA as necessary.
- Monitor PS/PA status within defined areas of practice across ABUHB.
- Monitor clinical placement allocations and ensure each area has the capacity to provide the required student support.
- Liaise with partner universities in relation to student performance.
- Inform the Lead Practice Facilitator, Divisional Nurse, Senior Nurse, and Ward Managers of any issues that may compromise patient care /learning in practice
We are seeking to recruit experienced and highly motivated Registered Nurses with a proven interest in education, excellent communication skills, and time management skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.Main duties of the jobThe applicant:
- Must be educated to first degree level in a related subject, may have an MSc or prepared to work towards
- Will have a recognised teaching qualification or prepared to work towards.
- Will be an experienced PS /PA compliant with NMC Standards (2018).
- Will have experience in the training and development of staff
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board (ABUHB) in partnership with the Health Education Improvement Wales.
We want Aneurin Bevan University Health Board to be an enjoyable and fulfilling place to work. We know that feeling valued at work has a positive impact on both staff and patients. Aneurin Bevan University Health Board expects a high standard of behaviour treating patients, their families, the public and colleagues with dignity and respect at all times. All staff are expected to carry out their roles with dedication and a commitment to the NHS and its core values.
We value our staff and are committed to ensuring the wellbeing of all our staff and offer a variable flexible working hours programme to support a work life balance.
We would like you to view our Health Visiting RecruitmentVideo at the ABUHB Health Visiting web page.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BSc Nursing
- Active NMC Registrant
- Obtained/working towards an MSc
- Teaching Qualification
- Experienced PA/PS
- Significant Clinical Practice Experience
- Teaching/delivering training
- Excellent Communication Skills
- IT Literate
- Time Management
- Deliver presentations
- Problem Solving
- Understanding of Practice Framework
- Understanding of NMC Standards
- Understanding of the Role of the PA/PS
- Understanding of current challenges
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Enthusiasm and Drive
- Organised and methodical
- Team and independent working
Aneurin Bevan University Health BoardAddress
St Woolos Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.