The post holder will primarily be responsible for the management, safety, and regulatory compliance of medical devices across Kettering General Hospital (KGH). Lead on the design, implementation and monitoring of a comprehensive medical devices service across KGH, ensuring that systems are in place to inform staff of the Trust's medical devices management and safety policies and procedures, along with individual responsibilities related to medical devices safetyMain duties of the job
To demonstrate the Trust's values in everything you do in the work environment and live up the KGH vision and values.
Delivery of Effective Healthcare within the organisation
Establishing Effective Leadership and Communication
Continuing Education, Professional and Personal Development
Operating with Quality in everything you do and Maintaining a Safe EnvironmentAbout us
Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest employers in the area and we are on an exciting journey. Our mission is to provide safe, compassionate, and clinically excellent patient care, by being an outstanding employer for our people.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Provide professional medical device management advice to the Director of Estates, Chief engineer, CBUs and others, on all those aspects of the equipment of the Trust that are ascribed to the post-holder.Establish and review effective management systems to implement and monitor the replacement, maintenance and projects assigned to the post-holder.Assist in the preparation of business cases including preparation of preliminary and feasibility reports.Organise and produce regular progress reports, minute meetings and reports with regards to ongoing replacement plans and maintenance schedules.Person SpecificationEducationEssential
- Degree or relevant qualifications and five years experience
- Highly developed specialist knowledge of medical devices
Knowledge and experienceEssential
- Qualification in project management
- Membership of professional body
- Experience of continuing professional development
- In depth and highly developed specialist professional and technical knowledge medical devices, National Standards, Codes of Practice, MHRA and associated regulations
- In depth specialist knowledge of associated legislation, including Health & Safety.
- Ability to think strategically and develop practical plans to implement the estate and facilities strategies.
- Good budget management skills including well developed numerical and cost management experience.
- Ability to lead and motivate a diverse workforce to deliver highest standards of service.
- Ability to manage and meet priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to make judgements and decisions on situations where multiple factors exist
- Preparing and presenting reports on complex issues to a range of audiences.
- Significant knowledge on sustainability
- Demonstrable ability to influence and build internal and external partnerships
- Ability to identify, plan and undertake research and development initiatives to inform strategic objectives.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent skills in all areas of Microsoft Office and can demonstrate advanced keyboard skills in term of speed and accuracy
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent people management skills
Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Kettering general hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.