Brief Description of the Role:
We are looking for a highly motivated, forward thinking and passionate Clinical Educator to join the excellent Training and Education department at Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
The successful candidate will design, deliver and evaluate specific training courses related to HCSW induction, Clinical Skills, International Nurse OSCE training and our leadership and development programmes. They will also provide pastoral support for our international recruits and new HCSWs to help them settle into their roles at BTHFT.Main duties of the job
You will be a registered health care professional with at least 2 years' experience within an acute care setting, experience as an educator designing and delivering training to meet the identified needs of a range of staff/student groups. There is a commitment to the education of others and you will have a recognised teaching or mentoring qualification such as SLiP or equivalent and have been involved in the delivery of simulation training.
For any enquiries, for further information or an informal visit, please contact Rachel Hodgson- Education Manager: Post Registration Development or Jill Horsfall- Clinical Educator
Rachel.Hodgson@bthft.nhs.uk or Jill.Horsfall@bthft.nhs.uk
We can offer staff gymnasiums on both hospital sites, excellent pension scheme and advice on childcare. Closing Date: 29.09.23 (This date may change dependent on the response)About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information about the role.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Minimum of two years' post registration experience in healthcare profession involving direct patient contact.
- Evidence of teaching and assessing in clinical settings, preferably with experience of teaching practical skills at a range of levels.
- Experience of providing clinical care to individuals with critical and complex care needs (adults or children or both).
- Experience or involvement with simulation training.
- Experience of writing policies/guidelines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to relate to a wide range of people including academic staff, medical undergraduate students as well as other levels of staff.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Experience of providing leadership and managing in a clinical environment.
- IT skills and competent in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge of patient safety and risk issues
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. Registered General Nurse, ODP etc.
- Relevant recognised teaching/assessing qualification e.g. SLIP, PGCE.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Relevant healthcare degree.
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.