Community-based working. Will need driving licence & access to a car.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our excellent Langley district nursing team.
The Langley team is a new but quickly established team in the North of Birmingham.
It has a dynamic and innovative approach to Nursing care.
It involves quick responses to patients in their own homes to manage and respond to urgent issues.
We are looking for a highly motivated applicant who is interested in meeting the challenge of working on the community with patients in the home setting. You will be working with a variety of disciplines within the multidisciplinary team to achieve the best outcomes for patients to ensure their independence and well being. The post holder will carry out a variety of nursing duties as part of the patients holistic care management through the assessment and evaluation of health needs particularly in the areas of palliative care, catheter care, wound management and diabetes.Main duties of the job
Responding quickly to patientswith a variety of health needs.
This involves problem solving, liaising with the unplanned team and the multi-disciplinary teams and providing nursing care to achieve best outcomes for patients.About usIMPORTANT
- Please ensure you check your Trac account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you during the shortlisting and selection process
Be Part of Our Team...
- Please ensure all sections of the application form are completed fully. Please particularly ensure that you provide full details of all referees including business email address, telephone contact details and postal address
BCHC has more than 5000 staff working across Birmingham and the West Midlands in a wide range of community nursing and specialist healthcare roles. BCHC delivers over 100 clinical services, in people's homes, health centres, clinics and inpatient facilities. We deliver a wide range of services for children, young people and families as well as adults and community services, two community hospitals, services for people with learning disabilities, the internationally recognised West Midlands Rehab Centre and one of Europe's leading Dental Hospitals and School of Dentistry. We deliver all of this with a commitment to integrated, personalised care that is rooted in our local communities. We have an ambition to deliver outstanding, integrated care as one of the key NHS providers in the West Midlands.
If you want to 'Be Part of Our Team' and work with a Foundation Trust which is continuously striving for best care and healthy communities, we want to hear from you.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The service operates between the hours of 8 am to 6pm over 7 days per week and the working pattern for the successful candidate will include weekend working and bank holiday periods. This post requires the successful candidates to be highly mobile so requires a full driving license and car available for work.
Although the post is based with the Langley team you may be asked to travel across sites in North Locality if the need arises.Person SpecificationProfessional qualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse Level 1 (Adult)
- Mentor and assessor qualification or equivalent
- Evidence of continued professional development relevant to role
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Ability to demonstrate sound knowledge and application of up to date evidence based clinical practice.
- Excellent communication Analytical skills and a problem solving approach
- IT literate
- Awareness of the complex needs of a multicultural, socially diverse population
- Effective time management
Other Job RequirementsEssential
- Ability to work under pressure
- Effective Team Member Leadership and interpersonal qualities
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Needs to be independently mobile through out the organisation. This post is assessed as require a Car driver
- Willing to work flexible hours including weekends and Bank Holidays as part of a rota.
- Ability to work across various sites in Birmingham
Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS FTAddress
Langley team - Castle Vale Care Centre
70 Tangmere Drive
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.