Domestic Abuse Sexual Violence (DASV) Support Worker Band 6, Fixed Term - 12 Months, Part Time - 22.5 H/W
The post holder will work alongside the hospital based IDVA and the wider Safeguarding Team to raise awareness of domestic abuse and sexual violence across the Trust (including acute and community sites), offering support with identification of incidents and the completion of risk assessments, supporting MARAC referrals and sign posting to appropriate services. The postholder will be responsible for engaging and supporting Domestic Abuse Champions across the Trust and have a specific focus on supporting staff who are experiencing abuse in their personal lives. Proposed Interview Date - 6th October 2023Main duties of the job
1. To work alongside the hospital IDVA, supporting staff who are managing incidents of domestic violence and abuse with a focus on high risk areas such as the Maternity Unit and Emergency Department.
2. Support the development of the organisations response to staff who are experiencing domestic abuse and violence, including close working with Occupational Health, Human Resources and line managers when needed.
3. Raise awareness of domestic abuse and violence across all Trust sites with a focus on the community including (but not exhaustively) homeless and sexual health services.
4. Lead on the recruitment, co-ordination and support to Domestic Abuse Champions.
5. Work closely with Learning Disability, Mental Health and Substance Misuse colleagues, supporting strengthened responses to DASV incidents.
6. Promote referrals to external key services and processes including FJC and MARAC.
7. Contribute to the development of DASV training packages.
8. Be visible across the Trust, delivering training and awareness raising sessions to colleagues.
Croydon Health Services provides integrated NHS services to care for people at home, in schools, and health clinics across the borough as well as at Croydon University Hospital and Purley War Memorial Hospital.
CUH provides more than 100 specialist services and is home to the borough's only Emergency Department and 24/7 maternity services, including a labour ward, midwifery-led birth centre and the Crocus home birthing team.
Purley War Memorial Hospital (PWMH) in the south of the borough offers outpatient care, including diagnostic services, physiotherapy and ophthalmology services run by Moorfields Eye Hospital, alongside an onsite GP surgery.
Our experienced district nursing teams, Allied Health Professionals and community matrons look after for people of all ages across Croydon and our Children's Hospital at Home cares for children with long-term conditions without them having to come to hospital.
We are a very close-knit and friendly organisation where everyone of our 3600 members of staff is valued. We strongly believe that our employees are our greatest asset.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will be a member of the Croydon Health Integrated Safeguarding Team and will need to be visible across all clinical areas. They will work closely with the hospital based IDVA but hold separate responsibilities.
On occasions the post holder may be required to communicate with a number of external agencies including (but not exhaustively) FJC DASV Service, Social Care, Refuges and the Police.Person Specificationknowledge and ExperienceEssential
- First Degree in relevant field
- Direct and demonstrable experience of working and understanding of DASV including the impact of abuse on victims and their children.
- Experience of devising and delivering training programmes.
- Experience of working with statutory and voluntary agencies and making appropriate referrals
- Knowledge of all relevant legislation relating to DASV including the Domestic Abuse Act 2021
EducationEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- IDVA Qualification
- Knowledge of criminal proceeding in relation to DASV
- Project Management Qualification
Croydon University Hospital NHS TrustAddress
Croydon university hospital
530 London Road, Thornton Heath
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.