An exciting opportunity has arisen to come and be part of our brand-new female Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit Passionate about Trauma Informed Care? Motivated to create a brand-new ward and improving our service users experience?
We are looking for passionate, dedicated and highly motivated individuals to be part of a transforming team at Woodbank Female Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (6 bedded unit) at Stepping Hill Hospital.
You will act as a positive role model that positively reflects the philosophy of the unit and the values of the trust. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals interested and committed to delivering excellent care within a safe, secure, and therapeutic environment.
We will be the first female PICU in Pennine Care, with a strong focus on delivering excellent care for our female service users and to priorities our staff health and wellbeing on our ward.
We will be offering an 8-10-week induction prior to the unit opening focusing on principles of trauma informed care, clinical risk, care planning, managing violence and aggression, STORM training, Physical health training, least restrictive/Safewards training, mandatory training, ILS/BLS and Fire drills to enable for you to feel well equipped and confident prior to the opening of the unit. You will also be a crucial part of creating the ward environment prior to the opening of the unit.Main duties of the job
- Act as named nurse / key worker for an identified group of service users ensuring the assessment, implementation and evaluation of nursing care.- To co-produce collaborative care plans for service users and undertake service users' activities as appropriate ensuring a high standard of care.- Adhere to appropriate policies, procedures and guidelines.- Liaise with the wider multidisciplinary team to enhance the standard of care service users receive.- Engage in the management of de-escalation in conflict situations through adherence to Prevention Management of Violence and Aggression (PMVA) techniques.- Undertake gate keeping assessments for admission to PICU in the absence of the Clinical Pathway Team- Assist the team to ensure the management of a safe clinical environment by undertaking ward safety checks- Carry out observations on patients and document them in line with trust policy- To safely administer controlled drugs and all other medication in accordance with Medicines' Management Policy and NMC guidance.- Act as Shift Leader ensuring the smooth running of the ward area and participating in an effective hand over period, ensuring good communications at all times.- Promote a safe environment in line with clinical risk assessments and to ensure all incidents are reported electronically.- Ensure that clinical practice is line with least restrictive principles.About us
Our team provides short-term intensive assessment, treatment, and support to Service Users, who maybe experiencing a mental health crisis, and often present with a variety of complex mental health needs.
To maximise Service User recovery, the teams will be working in a trauma informed way and utilising the RAID (Reinforce Appropriate, Implode Disruptive strategies) model of care. Our aim is to work in the least restrictive way as possible whilst maintaining patient safety.
Upon joining our team, we will ensure that successful candidates undergo both mandatory and bespoke training, to fully equip them with the skills required to work within our PICU environmentJob descriptionJob responsibilities
-To act as the named nurse with responsibility for the overall care of an identified group of Service Users.-To regularly act as shift leader ensuring the smooth running of the clinical area and best utilisation of resources available, with support from other senior staff.-The post holder will be responsible for keeping professionally updated in accordance with Nursing and Midwifery Council requirements and for participating in clinical reflection throughclinical supervision.-The post holder will be accountable for their behaviour on duty and will be responsible for reporting anything untoward to a senior member of staffPerson SpecificationEducation/QualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse Qualification (LD / MH) with NMC registration.
- Experience of working within mental health setting
- Experience of working within Multi-Disciplinary Team.
- Experience of admission and discharge process
- Experience of working within framework of Care Planning Approach
- Previous experience of working on an acute mental health ward
Desirable Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- The Mental Health Act 1983 and Code of Practice.
- Legislation relating to discharge and aftercare.
- Care Planning and Management.
- Evidence Based Practice
- Communication Skills
- Excellent Inter-personal Skills
- Ability to negotiate constructively.
- Care Planning and Management.
- Ability to physically undertake and participate
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Managing Violence and Aggression Skills
- De-escalation of violence and aggression.
- IT Skills
Pennine Care NHS FTAddress
Woodbank Unit - Female PICU
Stepping Hill Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.