We are looking to recruit a Trainee Advanced Clinical Practitioner to join our team in growing field of immunotherapy. The successful candidatewill be supportedto in completing the Advanced Clinical Practitioner (ACP) Degree MSc (Level 7) programme in line with the trust framework for advanced practice and their primary professional regulatory body, with the expectation that on successful completion the post holder will move into a qualified ACP role at band 8a.
***Preference will be given to internal Trust staff, as well as 'Priority' and 'At Risk' status including NHS At Risk staff throughout Devon who are able to display recent relevant experience as dictated by the Person Specification.***Main duties of the job
- To successfully complete the Advanced Clinical Practitioner (ACP) Degree MSc (Level 7) programme in line with the trust framework for advanced practice and their primary professional regulatory body, with the expectation that on successful completion the post holder will move into a qualified ACP role at band 8.
- The post holder will be working towards fulfilling the expectations and core capabilities of an ACP as set out in the Multi-professional framework for advanced clinical practice in England (HEE, 2017) the UHP Trust Framework for Advanced Practice and the Trust ACP Job Description.
We are a people business - where every member of staff matters and can make a difference. Patients are at the heart of everything we do. Joining University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust means becoming part of a team of dedicated staff, who are committed to leading the way through innovation, clinical excellence and great customer care. The Trust has great opportunities for career development in a highly progressive working environment. We offer all of this in a vibrant, modern city with a historic reputation for adventure.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL COMMUNICATION WILL BE ELECTRONIC, PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT REGULARLY. If you have any issues with applying online and need additional support including reasonable adjustments with the application process please contact the recruitment team on 01752 432100. We recognise that work life balance is important for our colleagues and so we invite requests from applicants around less than full time/flexible working for our advertised roles. Please contact the recruiting manager to discuss this prior to your application submission.
We commit to giving this full consideration in each case. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles, as diversity strengthens our teams. It is sometimes necessary to close vacancies before the closing date. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationKnowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Assess, differentially diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate individual treatment interventions for patients by virtue of expert clinical judgement and close liaison with members of the MDT.
- Use expertise and decision-making skills to inform clinical reasoning approaches when dealing with differentiated and undifferentiated individual presentations and complex situations, synthesising information from multiple sources to make appropriate, evidence-based judgements and/or diagnoses.
- Initiate, evaluate and modify a range of interventions which may include prescribing medicines, therapies, life style advice and care.
- Exercise professional judgement to manage risk appropriately, especially where there may be complex and unpredictable events and supporting teams to do likewise to ensure safety of individuals, families and carers.
- Ensure compliance with their respective code of professional conduct and work within their scope of practice.
- Works in conjunction with the MDT to clearly define values, direction and policies impacting upon care.
- Work in partnership with individuals, families and carers, using a range of assessment methods as appropriate
- Be able to demonstrate a critical understanding of their broadened level of responsibility and autonomy. This includes being critically aware of their limits of their own competence and professional scope of practice, including when working with complexity, risk, uncertainty and incomplete information.
- Be responsible and accountable for their decisions, actions and omissions at this level of practice.
- Utilise professional judgement and maturity, understanding when to seek help.
- Demonstrate critical reflection on own practice, self-awareness, emotional intelligence, and openness to change.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, supporting people in making decisions, planning care or seeking to make positive changes, using Health Education Englands framework to promote person-centred approaches in health and care
- Work collaboratively with an appropriate range of multi-agency and inter-professional resources, developing, maintaining and evaluating links to manage risk and issues across organisations and settings.
- Evidence the underpinning subject-specific competencies i.e. knowledge, skills and behaviours relevant to the role setting and scope, and demonstrate application of the capabilities to these, in an approach that is appropriate to the individual role, setting and scope.
- Act as a clinical role model/advocate for developing and delivering care that is responsive to changing requirements, informed by an understanding of local population health needs, agencies and networks.
- Actively implement effective systems and processes for infection control management whilst working clinically and be a role model forother members of the clinical team.
- Initiate drug therapy/medication within the parameters of agreed clinical guidelines and in accordance with the legal framework you work under to supply and prescribe medicines (if from professional group legally entitled to prescribe).
- Significant demonstrable experience within speciality.
- Proven evidence of management ability and leadership qualities.
- Professional Registration.
- Demonstrable evidence of ability to work at academic level 7.
Attitude & AptitudeEssential
- Proven evidence of completion of Education/Mentorship Course.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Proven ability to undertake or have undertaken clinical audit.
- Proven ability to recognise and analyse complex situations and take appropriate action.
University Hospitals Plymouth NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.