The post holder will be assist the Risk Manager in all aspects of risk management and incident investigation. They will have a particular focus on supporting the maintenance of the Trust's Risk Register, promoting the reporting of incidents and meeting the Trust's obligations for reporting incidents and serious incidents externally.Main duties of the job
The post holder will assist the Risk Manager in providing support and guidance to clinicians and managers and ensure that the Trust's commitment to managing risk in a co-ordinated, systematic, transparent and focused way is achieved. The post holder is expected to demonstrate the ability to act on behalf of the Risk Manager in their absence.About us
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was created on 1 October 2019 following the merger of two adult acute Trusts, Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The merger provides an opportunity to reconfigure services in a way that provides the best healthcare services to the city and improves the quality of care and health outcomes that patients experience.
The Trust runs Aintree University Hospital, Broadgreen Hospital, Liverpool University Dental Hospital and the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.
It serves a core population of around 630,000 people across Merseyside as well as providing a range of highly specialist services to a catchment area of more than two million people in the North West region and beyond.
To hear more about our achievements, click here
https://www.liverpoolft.nhs.uk/media/13089/1606-annual-report-booklet_final.pdf Follow us on social media: Facebook - Liverpool University Hospitals Careers Instagram - @LUHFTcareers Twitter - @LUHFTcareersJob descriptionJob responsibilities
1) Support the Risk Manager to successfully apply the Trusts Risk Management Strategy, Policy and Procedures
2) Support the management of the Trust's Risk Register and independently produce reports
3) Support the management of the Trusts CAS profile and the distribution of Safety Alerts.
4) Work closely with clinicians and managers in identifying and manging risk in a way that aligns with priorities and improvement work.
5) Support the delivery of training and development programmes designed to equip clinicians and managers to fulfil their risk management responsibilities.
6) Support the management of the system for reporting patient safety incident and standards of investigation
7) Support the Risk Manager to oversee serious incident investigations and report them to the appropriate external bodies.
8) To co-ordinate the workload of the Risk and Incident Team and to review their responsibilities accordingly.
9) To work closely with staff working operationally on Trust wide matters with major risk management implications including Health and Safety, Staff Welfare, Complaints, Legal Claims, Training and Development and Corporate Governance.
10) To add their knowledge and experience to the development of the Trust Patient Safety Incident Reporting, Investigation and Learning programmes.
11) Ensure that there is good quality performance management data available on the process for incident investigation
12) Support appropriate sign off of investigation reports, implementation of duty of candour and external submission
13) Support the Risk Manager to represent the Trust at any relevant subject matter expert groups.
14) Maintain own professional development by having up to date knowledge of all aspects of patient safety and risk management.
15) Organise departmental workloads to meet departmental and Trust objectives.
16) Manage own time and departmental workload effectively.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Qualified IRM Risk Management Certificate/equivalent
- Management Degree or equivalent
- Continuing professional development
- Demonstrable evidence of involvement in Risk Management issues
- Experience of advising and liaising with staff at all levels of the organisation, and externally to the organisation
- Experience of delivering educational and skills based training in Risk Management issues
- Involvement in project management
- Experienced healthcare professional
- Knowledge of Risk Management Standards relevant to the NHS
- Knowledge of the concepts of Risk Management
- To demonstrate a very high level of expertise and competence in the field of risk management, particularly with regard to serious untoward incidents, root cause analysis and clinical risk assessment
- Knowledge of the Trust Quality and Governance Agenda
- Knowledge of issues within the wider organisation
- Knowledge of the health service
- Knowledge of the health care in the community
- Ability to manage staff
- By analysis to identify areas that will generate cost savings in the Trust
- Excellent communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Analysis and interpretation of information
- Report writing skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritise and work pro-actively
- A commitment to confidentiality
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrate evidence of change and change management in current post
- Evidence of project management skills
- Computer skills - word processing
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Address
Aintree University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.