We have an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse to join our Older Persons Assessment Unit based at Royal Bournemouth Hospital.
The Older Persons Assessment Unit is newly refurbished and customised to facilitate 24/7 admissions for our aging community. With capacity for 50 bed spaces, the unit is always bustling and no two days are the same. We are looking for dynamic and passionate nurses to join our developing team to lead and empower one another in providing quality care to our complex elderly community.
Our aim is to provide all our patients with a comprehensive geriatric assessment upon admission. This approach means our patients receive the right care at the right time. In achieving this we work very closely as a multidisciplinary team. What can we offer you?
- Excellent team spirit, engaging in outside social activities
- Positive culture where everyone's voice is heard
- Practice Educator within the Directorate
- Development opportunities
- Friendly and approachable staff
- Flexible working
- Work life balance
For a more detailed overview of the role and person specification please see the supporting documents. Base Location: Royal Bournemouth Hospital Interview Date: To be confirmedMain duties of the job
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advert.About us
Our values define who we are as #TeamUHD. They underpin everything we do now and in the future. They define how we treat our patients, visitors, and each other, our valued teammates and colleagues.
UHD are investing in services across the Trust, with many being transformed and developed following merger and the New Hospital Programme.
In some cases this means that a services may move site this year or next, either temporarily or long term. Recruiting Managers interviewing for this role will be happy to answer any specific questions that you have at interview. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advert.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NMC Registered Nurse
- Advanced/Degree In Adult Nursing
- Teaching Qualification
- Post registration courses related to Older Persons Medicine
- Demonstrable Clinical experience
- Experience of caring for patients with acute and long term conditions
Technical Skills CompetenciesEssential
- Experience in providing end of life care
- Basic IT skills
- Demonstrable ability with vital signs monitoring equipment and ability to recognise the deteriorating patient
- Non-IV and IV medication administration including administration of blood products
- Calculation of drug doses for infusions requiring frequent concentration.
- ECG recording
- Venepuncture and Cannulation
- Male Catheterisation
- Awareness of audit
- Specific Skills for ECD e.g. Care of Dementia Patients
- Ability to demonstrate fundamental nursing knowledge and practice in the care of the older person
- Demonstrate understanding of own role and professional expectations and accountability in practice in line with NMC Code
- Sound knowledge of discharge process
- Knowledge of the conditions relevant to speciality
- Awareness of role in relation to patient experience, quality and safety agendas that support Governance Frameworks
- Effective communication in all forms. Written, oral, computerised
- Ability to communicate sensitive and complex information to patients and carers.
- Ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative
- Adaptive to unpredictable work loads
- Able to integrate and work within the MDT
- Organisation and planning skills
- Prioritisation skills
- Time management skill
- Leadership and management skills.
- Highly motivated
- Flexible approach to the needs of the service
- Ability to demonstrate compassion
- Ability to recognise stress in self and manages it appropriately
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to recognise stress in others
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Bournemouth Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.