Dorset HealthCare are looking for a Fire Safety Advisor to join our supportive team!
As the Fire Safety Advisor, you will be making a real difference to the safety of both our patients and staff, by ensuring ongoing effective management of Fire. You will work for the Trust and will sit within the central Health and Safety and Emergency Planning Team. You will visit Trust sites regularly to conduct Fire Risk Assessments, Fire Door Surveys, Fire Safety Training, and to support our sites across Dorset in meeting their statutory responsibilities. You can either be based at our Poole or Dorchester offices with some flexible home working as well.
You will be motivated, experienced and enthusiastic individual with experience of Fire Safety in an advisory capacity, ideally within a multi-site organisation (but not essential), to join us and assist with fire safety management to reduce the organisational risk. At Dorset HealthCare we are dedicated in supporting opportunities for career progression within Fire Safety, Fire Safety Management, or other career pathways within the organisation.
The Fire Safety Advisor is a full-time post of Monday to Friday. For this role you will need to be an owner of a vehicle and hold a driving license.
For any enquiries, please email Steve.Harper1@nhs.netMain duties of the job
The successful applicant will have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels across the Trust and be able to deliver theoretical and practical fire safety training. Be a member of either the Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE) or Institute of Fire Prevention Officers (IFPO) and Knowledge of the HTM Firecode suite of documents is desirable also working within the NHS would be an advantage.
There will be a requirement to carry out fire risk assessments and audits, provide practical advice to all staff on fire safety measures requiring a firm grasp of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 along with full practical understanding of interpretation of the Building Regulations 2010.
This is a full-time post, 37.5 hours per week.
Employment in this post requires a Standard Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, which the Trust will cover the cost of.
Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service are able to present a valid DBS certificate instead of requiring a new checkAbout us
At Dorset HealthCare we're on a mission to empower people to make the most of their lives through our outstanding, joined-up healthcare services. We're a dynamic, forward-looking Trust, running 12 community hospitals, specialist inpatient facilities and a wide range of integrated community and mental health services for a population of almost 800,000 people.
We do things differently here - it's one of the reasons the CQC rated us 'outstanding' in 2019. It's also why 95% of patients across our services say they have a good or very good experience of our services and 89% of staff feel they can really make a difference. Whether you're looking to work with us in one of our bustling market towns, vibrant urban locations, thriving seaside spots, or among the rolling hills of Dorset, there are lots of ways you can make a difference in our communities.
Our 7,000-strong workforce is at the heart of what we do and our success is a testament to our brilliant people. We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities and we celebrate diversity. We're an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be authentic, and we are all encouraged to be the best version of ourselves.
Working with us you'll be part of a strong team, challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don't know. And you'll be working towards our vision to be better every day through excellence, compassion and expertise in all we do.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For the main duties and responsibilities for this role please read the attached job description and person specification. When completing your application please ensure your supporting statement reflects the criteria set out in these documents by showing how your experience and skills apply to this post.
Dorset HealthCare is in partnership withThe Princes Trust
to support people getting into work, as part of this partnership, we offer an employability service to support individuals between 16-30 years old with application writing, interview skills and other employment support. Please contact email@example.com to access the support.Person SpecificationKnowledge, Skills and TrainingEssential
- Science or engineering-based education or extensive experience of fire safety.
- Certificate in Training Practice or extensive experience of preparing and delivering fire training.
- Membership of a professional organisation (for example the Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE) Institute of Fire Prevention Officers (IFPO)
- Professional qualification in a fire related subject
Job Specific ExperienceEssential
- Fire engineering/fire safety degree or other relevant academic qualification
- Corporate membership of professional organisation (Institution of Fire Engineers Institute of Occupational Safety and Health)
- Diploma Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
- Training in Healthcare Fire Safety
- Registered as a fire risk assessor with a recognised accreditation body
- Demonstrable experience in fire safety with experience of preparing and delivering training courses
- Experience of working across organisational boundaries to improve standards.
- Practical knowledge and interpretation of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Experience and knowledge of undertaking Fire Risk Assessments in healthcare environment.
- Knowledge of: Fire safety, Fire risk management, Fire legislation and codes of practice, Fire safety training
- Ability to undertake fire safety audits.
- Practical knowledge and interpretation of the Building Regulations 2010.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of Firecode.
Communication and relationshipEssential
- Understanding of fire modelling techniques.
- Knowledge of risk management techniques.
Planning and OrganisationEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Highly developed and effective negotiating and influencing skills and ability to develop and maintain constructive relationships with professional and managerial disciplines.
- Highly developed and effective verbal and written communication skills.
Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Sentinel House or Forston Clinic
4-6 Nuffield Rd
Poole or Dorchester
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.