An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Experienced Mental Health Practitioner to join our Essex Health & Justice Service, providing expert advice and interventions within our Essex wide Street Triage Service Police Custodies and courts across Essex.
The shift patterns covering the Essex County Wide Service provides flexibility with 3 long days in the custody suites, 1000am-0200am in the Police Street Triage Service or 9-5 inside courts covering Essex.
You will join an expert team who are committed to providing outstanding care within these settings, working closely with all agencies involved in the criminal justice system and working autonomously providing written reports and assessments/screening
If you have what it takes to work with individuals who are vulnerable and challenging who require diverting away from the criminal justice system this could be the role for you.Main duties of the job
The post holder has the responsibility of providing and enhancing services for individuals in the criminal justice system from pre-arrest to release. They will be expected to work closely with Essex Police, Courts and Probation Services. You will be expected to complete screenings/assessments of a person's social and health needs at any point within the criminal justice system from the age of 10 years onwards. The posts will also complete court reports giving appropriate information on any health issues in relation to their offending and make recommendations. The post holder will work with the police to provide Street Triage, assessment and signposting for people involved in incidents who are in immediate need of support for their mental health.About us
We are looking for motivated staff who share our Trust values of Positive, Welcoming, Respectful, Involving, Kind and Accountable. In return EPUT can offer you a range of benefits including
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor full details please refer to Job Description and Personal Specification For further details / informal visits contact: Catherine Orchard Service Manager 01245 315121Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including Childcare Vouchers, lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Season Ticket Loans
- Participation in the Working Longer Review supporting staff to work longer
- NHS discounts for staff
- Weekly health & wellbeing articles
- Equality and Diversity Sub-Groups where staff can raise issues relating to equality at work
- Equality Champions who are there to support other staff requiring support at work
- Occupational Health and Counselling providers which includes 24 hour counselling support line for staff and access to a wide range of support and advice about a range of issues including finance and debt, consumer rights, housing, welfare and family rights and domestic violence
- Active members of a range of national bodies which support health and wellbeing of the workforce (Age UK, Stonewall, Disability Two ticks, Mindful Employer)
- An active Staff Side Body to represent staff issues and a range of recognised staff/professional unions.
- Successful achievement of the National IIP Health and Wellbeing Award
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities, working closely with a number of Universities to support staffs professional development
- Feature in the top 100 employers index for HSJ
- RMN or RNLD Qualification with 12 months post qualification
- Evidence of post qualification training
- Good understanding of the Community Care Act, Mental Health Act. Mental Capacity Act,
- Good understanding of the Bradley Report and Supporting Health, Improving Justice Report, national policy and the implications for mental health e.g. crisis care concordat
- Understanding the principles and practice of leadership, supervision and management.
- Understanding of Clinical Governance and Safeguarding.
Skills and ExperienceEssential
- Awareness of working within secure environments
- Literate in IT/Computer Skills
- Good oral communication skills based on fluency on the English language
- Experience of working as a band 5 (at least 12 months post basic experience).
- Prioritising of own and others workload demands, in the face of competing pressures.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working with children and young people
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
C & E Centre
New London Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.