Sustainability Manager - Band 8A - Permanent role ***Previous applicants need not apply***
Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust along with Stockport NHS Foundation Trust are happy to offer an exciting opportunity to an experienced Sustainability Manager to join us to play a major role in implementing our green plan and transforming sustainability across the two hospital sites at Tameside and Stockport.
Both organisations have aspirations to become one of the most sustainable Trust's in the NHS and there is significant scope to improve our sustainability performance.
The post will be hosted at Tameside working with a supportive and friendly team with a diverse and inclusive working culture where your contribution is valued. You will have previous experience in an estates and facilities role and implement your sustainability and environmental management knowledge and skills in developing organisational policies and procedures to provide the best, personalised healthcare, and deliver our core values.Main duties of the job
The post holder will ensure that a robust sustainability programme is in place to allow both Trust's to meet or exceed its obligations regarding sustainability and the reduction of its carbon emissions to meet the Net Zero Target. They will lead the delivery and the further development of both Trust's sustainability programme. The post holder will be the Trust's lead specialist in sustainability with an overall responsibility to develop and embed sustainability principles throughout both the organisation's.About us
Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust serves a community of 250,000 people across Tameside & Glossop. We provide a range of services both within the hospital and across our community for both adults and children.Our vision is to improve health outcomes for our population and influence wider determinants of health through collaboration with our health & care partners. We have a clear set of values & behaviours which we expect all of our staff to demonstrate:
We believe that the best organisations are those that reflect the communities they serve. We are therefore seeking to improve the diversity of our workforce to make it truly representative of our local population.
We actively encourage applications irrespective of race, age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage & civil partnership, or pregnancy or maternity. Recognising those communities that are underrepresented within our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian & minority ethnic candidates, LGBTQ+& Disabled people.
Benefits include flexible working, 27-33 days annual leave plus bank holidays, sick pay, NHS Pension Scheme, free eye tests and health checks, gym discount, free bicycle loan scheme, salary sacrifice car scheme, support with stress, bereavement, relationships, finance, and much more.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Lead the delivery and further development of both Trusts sustainable action plans including the Green Plan.
Lead on the Sustainability committee, working with theme leads to deliver our Net Zero response.
Review all relevant policies and strategies to ensure that sustainability principles are embedded throughout the Trust.
Produce regular reports on the progress of the sustainability programme and present them to the relevant Trusts forums. Reporting at Board and Executive level when appropriate.
Co-ordinate the Trusts regular national and regional sustainability reporting requirements.
Lead and coordinate the development and implementation of a green travel plan for both organisations, including undertaking and updating the staff travel survey.
Co-ordinate and deliver Trust-wide sustainability awareness campaigns using available resources including intranet, staff newsletters, events, campaigns and workshops.
Co-ordinate and deliver Trust-wide sustainability training programmes for all staff, both clinical and non-clinical, including communication with Governors and patient representatives.
Ensure that climate change impacts and associated adaptation measures are embedded within the Trusts business continuity processes.
Collaborate with clinical leaders and operational teams to identify models of care and service developments to improve sustainability.
Be part of the ERIC and PAM annual returns.
Work with relevant colleagues across both Trusts (and its subsidiaries and partners) in all matters relating to environmental sustainability, staff engagement, sustainable procurement, social value, and energy and waste management.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- oEducated to Master's Degree Level (or equivalent specialist knowledge or experience) in a management or environmental or other relevant discipline.
- oIOSH Health and Safety Qualification
- oEnvironmental/Waste Qualification
- oMembership of relevant professional body such as the Institute of Environmental management and Assessment (IEMA) or equivalent
- oProject management qualification
- oExperience of delivering an environmental or sustainability role within a complex organisation
- oWide ranging experience of leading change initiatives through to successful delivery
- oExperience of managing projects across teams and providers using the full project cycle
- oExperience of building strong and effective relationships with diverse stakeholders both internally and externally
- oExperience of preparing business plans, grant applications, strategies or other similar documents
- oExperience of carrying out environmental audits and surveys
skills & KnowledgeEssential
- oExperience in working with and appointing Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor (DGSA)
- oSpecialist knowledge of national and local environmental and sustainability issues
- oHighly developed specialist knowledge across the range of environmental and sustainability practices, underpinned by theoretical knowledge from study and relevant practical experience
- oKnowledge of relevant NHS guidance
- oAble to motivate and influence others, and to develop shared ownership at all levels and to respond to the needs of a wide range of stakeholders
- oDemonstrated capability to plan over short, medium and long-term timeframes and adjust plans and resource requirements accordingly
- oExcellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel with an aptitude for presenting and reading data and narrative reports
- oKnowledge of reducing energy and waste usage and reducing carbon emissions
- oAble to plan and manage a delegated budget, expenditure and cost control on delegated projects, ensuring that requirements are identified for staffing and training
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oHighly effective professional leadership
- oAbility to work across different organisational sites
- oAbility to work flexible hours and take part in the Estates On Call Management Rota
- oAbility to successfully maintain professional relationships
- oSelf- motivated and self-driven
- oAbility to challenge the status quo
Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Ashton under lyne
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.