We are recruiting for a Band 5 Community Nurse within the West Hull Nursing and Conditions Team. This is up to full time post up to 37.5 hours.The successful applicant will need to have excellent communication skills and have an adaptable approach to work in order to respond to the dynamic changes that occur in community nursing on a day-to-day basis. Additionally, you will need to demonstrate IT literacy and this post requires that you have the ability to travel between locations to carry out your work and to attend training and meetings. Daily access to transport is therefore essential.Main duties of the job
The West Hull Community Nursing Team provides holistic quality community nursing care to a dedicated client group who need support and care with Long Term Conditions management/ Complex wound care/ Palliative care. Care is delivered in patients own home environment (including residential care) and designated treatment rooms. The team has a multidisciplinary approach and works closely with other local providers and other healthcare providers within Hull and the East Riding.
For further information, please contact Amanda Herbert, Clinical Team Lead, 07816645820 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgAbout us
At CHCP, we're passionate aboutpeople
and we know that you are too, that's why we're here isn't it? We recognise that high quality care is delivered by high quality professionals who are appreciated, respected and supported, which is why we want to give all our colleagues the chance to shine.
Work with us and you'll be more than just a number. Our people are our shareholders and their thoughts and opinions are always heard at CHCP you have a real voice.
Compassion is at the heart of our business we're a team of nearly 2,500 colleagues who work together to deliverfirst-class healthcare
to thousands of people living in Hull, the East Riding, Knowsley and St Helens. Local diversity demands diverse roles, that's why we have vacancies to suit everybody. No matter your role at CHCP, we'll support you to thrive.
As the 13thlargest social enterprise in the UK, we're pioneering the move towards independent service delivery. Join us on our journey and help us make history.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the job description and person specification attached to this job advert for full details on the role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree in Nursing Studies / First level Registered Nurse or working towards final assessment to achieve first level registration
- Post-registration qualifications
- Mentorship qualification
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of a community nurse
- Knowledge of legislation impacting on service delivery
- Knowledge of the modernisation agenda
- Demonstrate an understanding of evidence based practice
- Knowledge of local initiatives
- Demonstrate an understanding of the MDT
- Basic IT skills
- Knowledge and skills in the assessment process
- Able to mentor students
- Evidence of professional development
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of First Visit Criteria
- Basic health and safety awareness
- Experience of working within a healthcare setting
- Experience of working with families and carers
- Experience of working in a team
- Experience of working with computerised recording systems
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of multi-agency working
- Experience of working within a community setting
- To have recently worked within a nursing capacity
- To be able to provide education to patients, carers, staff and other health care professionals
City Health Care Partnership CICAddress
Unit 2, Priory Park
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.