Job description is current pending Royal College approval
This is a substantive post for which 10 PA's are available.
The post holder will provide specialist out-patient and consultation services to children and young people aged to 5-18 years in generic CAMHS. Based in Bury CAMHS, you will work alongside the main CAMHS team and also interface with other agencies including Local Authority, Paediatrics, and Working Age Adult services.Main duties of the job
They will be actively engaged in service development and requirement for the post holder will include strong clinical leadership skills, and adaptation to change.
The post holder will provide a generic mental health service to children and adolescents up to their 18th birthday. You will manage a cohort of children and young people with a wide range of mental health needs. Working as part of multi disciplinary teams you will have responsibility for direct clinical work, supervision, helping to lead in management of referrals, effective multi-agency liaison with various relevant departments and undertaking local strategic management tasks as appropriate to the post. You will have excellent clinical leadership and communication skills. You will have strong interest and experience in working children and adolescents.About us
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. We're really proud of our#PennineCarePeople
and do everything we can to make sure we're a great place to work.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationPhysical-General Health (State any disabilities which could not be accomodated)Essential
- To provide a psychiatric service for children and young people in Bury CAMHS.
- To undertake direct clinical work and provide supervision to the MDT and work in partnership with other agencies.
- To take clinical responsibility for a caseload
- To manage a needs led interface with Working Age Psychiatry
- To work creatively with other agencies who are involved with children and young people (Paediatrics, Schools and colleges , YOT, Drug and Alcohol services, CCG, Local Authority )
- To provide clinical supervision as required to junior medical staff
- To support the continued development of the Bury CAMHS service
- To adhere to all relevant local and national safeguarding policies and procedures
- To work closely with the other CAMHS Consultants, Operational and multidisciplinary staff, Directorate managers
Desirable Eductation QualificationsEssential Desirable
- Good general health.
- SatisfactoryOccupational Health screening prior to taking up appointment
- Published research MRCPsych
- Possession of CCT in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, or be within 6 months of achieving this or entered on the GMC Specialist Register
- Section 12 Approval under Mental Health Act 183, or be eligible for approval.
- Otherpostgraduate degrees e.g. MSc, MD etc
- Experience in the use of the Mental Health Act (1983)
- Demonstrable competency across the PMETB approved curriculum for higher training in Child and Adolescent psychiatry
Circum stancesEssential Desirable Special Apptitudes and skillsEssential
- Registered for CPD with the RCPsych. Expectation of good standing for CPD.
- Qualities essential to make a good educational supervisor of trainees in psychiatry
- Commitment to training and teaching
- Strong Leadership skills Clarity,Commitmentto shareideaswith colleagues, to develop and improve the service
- Ability to work clearly and effectivelyacross organisational boundaries
- Ability to work creatively with teams around complex and challenging client groups
- Evidence of audit activity
- Excellent communication skills
- Cultural competency
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Current or past education supervisor of basic trainee and a specialist registrar
- Evidence of previous experience in teaching
- Evidence of leading the development of services elsewhere
- Experience of effective work with Adult Psych or partner agency
- Experience of leading creative team work with complex clients, or those in emergency/ mental health crisis
- Published audit
- Good sense of humour, team player
Pennine Care NHS FTAddress
BURY CAMHS Fairfield General Hospital
Rochdale Old Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.