This is an opportunity for a practitioner psychologist to join the Cwm Taf University Health Board Health (CTMUHB) Health Psychology Service in a permanent, part-time, job sharing post, developing skills in cancer and palliative care.
The post holder will be embedded in Cancer & Palliative Care Services, providing a clinical service to adults in the Merthyr Cynon and Rhondda areas and based at the Royal Glamorgan Hosptal.
The post holder will join the rapidly developing, supportive and dynamic CTMUHB Health Psychology Service. The current psychology establishment includes many posts in other specialities, including cardiac rehabilitation, critical care, paediatrics, primary fatigue, neuropsychology, weight management and employee well-being, plus pending developments in additional specialties. There are good links with the South Wales Clinical Doctorate programme in Cardiff University and other university courses in South Wales. Strong networks of clinical health psychologists in South Wales are established, with opportunities for CPD and peer support.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.Main duties of the job
There will be direct and indirect work with adults, families/carers and members of the multidisciplinary teams, together with consultation to other professionals, training and multidisciplinary work with opportunities to contribute to developing the service. The new post holder will work closely with another psychologist already working in the speciality and receive professional supervision from the CTMUHB Cancer Psychology Lead.
We welcome applications from applied psychologists wishing to develop their clinical skills with a new patient group and with enthusiasm to provide a clinical service within cancer and palliative care.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will provide specialist psychological services to adults with cancer and palliative conditions in agreement with the Lead for Cancer and the Head of Health Psychology Service. They will promote the use of psychological formulation and intervention in the care provided to service users. Their work will include psychological assessments, treatment and consultation to the team on clients with complex presentations. It also involves providing training and supervision to other disciplines in psychological approaches. This post holder will work autonomously within professional guidelines and the overall framework of the services policies and procedures.
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Doctoral level training in clinical or counselling psychology, (or its equivalent for those trained prior to 2000)
- registered with the Health Professions Council.
- Recognized training in supervision of trainee psychologists
- Highly-developed knowledge of more than one psychological model.
- Experience in working in multi-professional teams.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course and presenting complex long-term health concerns.
Aptitude & AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of supervising psychologists and psychological therapists from other professions
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Can communicate competently and effectively with clients, relatives and fellow staff.
- Able to make judgements involving highly complex facts or situations, which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
- Ability to articulate and interpret clearly the role of the profession of clinical or counselling psychology based upon a good understanding of the framework of government and national professional policy.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Royal Glamorgan Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.