We are excited to offer this new role within our IM& T Department.
We are looking for a positive and adaptable individual who is passionate about the delivery of digital solutions to improve patient care and the services we offer. This role requires a high level of leadership expertise and interpersonal skills in order to influence a technical team.
Whilst this is not a technical delivery role, the post holder will need the ability to understand and interpret technical requirements and contribute to the development of digital infrastructure strategies and architecture.
We are embracing user centred design and, ideally, you will have the experience to help the team work in this way and adopt an Agile approach to delivery.
If you are a motivated individual who can use your passion and technical understanding to manage the delivery of digital solutions we would love to hear from you.
Please do contact us if you have any questions before applying.Main duties of the job
The post holder will lead on ensuring external service providers and internal technical teams deliver solutions to deadlines, ensuring that solutions meet user needs and support digital objectives, strategy and architecture of both Dorset HealthCare and the wider Dorset integrated care system.
The post holder will liaise with service providers, partners, and colleagues, and will be the initial link with service designers and analysts to support the definition and delivery of solutions to meet user needs.About us
At Dorset HealthCare we're on a mission to empower people to make the most of their lives through our outstanding, joined-up healthcare services. We're a dynamic, forward-looking Trust, running 12 community hospitals, specialist inpatient facilities and a wide range of integrated community and mental health services for a population of almost 800,000 people.
We do things differently here - it's one of the reasons the CQC rated us 'outstanding' in 2019. It's also why 95% of patients across our services say they have a good or very good experience of our services and 89% of staff feel they can really make a difference. Whether you're looking to work with us in one of our bustling market towns, vibrant urban locations, thriving seaside spots, or among the rolling hills of Dorset, there are lots of ways you can make a difference in our communities.
Our 7,000-strong workforce is at the heart of what we do and our success is a testament to our brilliant people. We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities and we celebrate diversity. We're an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be authentic, and we are all encouraged to be the best version of ourselves.
Working with us you'll be part of a strong team, challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don't know. And you'll be working towards our vision to be better every day through excellence, compassion and expertise in all we do.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For the main duties and responsibilities for this role please read the attached job description and person specification. When completing your application please ensure your supporting statement reflects the criteria set out in these documents by showing how your experience and skills apply to this post.
Dorset HealthCare is in partnership withThe Princes Trust
to support people getting into work, as part of this partnership, we offer an employability service to support individuals between 16-30 years old with application writing, interview skills and other employment support. Please contact email@example.com to access the support.Person SpecificationKnowledge, skills and trainingEssential
Job specific experienceEssential
- Educated to master's level or equivalent experience
- Specialist knowledge of information systems set-up, configuration, data entry and interrogation
- Excellent problem resolution and fault investigation skills
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) qualification, or willingness to obtain
- Proven experience of dealing with confidential information
- Expert knowledge of IM& T applications or systems, ideally in healthcare
- Expert knowledge of IM& T services
- Previous experience in an equivalent industry and environment
- Proven successful experience of system set-up, configuration and management
- Experience of delivering systems business change in an organisation or service
- Demonstrable experience of leading, managing or coaching a team
- Proven experience of delivering systems business change in an organisation or service
- Experience of holding a technical specialist role
- Proven experience of managing the delivery of multiple solutions and projects
- Practical experience of digital infrastructure solution design and delivery
- Experience of a design-led approach to digital as well as agile working
- Able to effectively train and coach staff in the use of systems and to deliver to targets
- Able to prioritise and work under pressure
- Self-motivated and able to achieve targets
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Able to deal calmly with difficult situations and people
- Able to work on own initiative
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Able to use VDU for most of the day
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Subject to the provisions of the Equality Act, able to travel using own vehicle on Trust business
Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Nuffield Industrial Estate
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.