2 x Band 6 Clinical Educator Permanent 37.5 hours per week
The Education and Practice Development team are accepting applications for the position of Band 6 Clinical Educator. There are 2 x permanent positions available.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Band 5 or 6 nurse to join our friendly and professional team. The primary purpose of the role is to promote best practice at all times, providing support and leadership to nursing staff and learners Trust wide.Main duties of the job
- Co-ordinate teaching programmes.
- Provide teaching in both the clinical setting and the classroom.
- Record competences.
- Respond to educational requirements that emerge from service needs.
- Policy development.
- Be involved in Practice Development projects including medical devices.
- Attend various appropriate meetings to represent Trust.
- To maintain a high profile within the clinical area acting as a role model positively influencing practice at all times and challenging poor practices.
- Ensure standards, policies and protocols are applied to practice.
With c4000 staff, the James Paget University Hospital is a busy hospital situated on the East Coast in an area popular with tourists and locals alike.
We're proud of our hospital and the open and inclusive culture we've developed. Our workforce has a real family feel to it- based on the openness and honesty we encourage through our values.
We take a key role in the development of workforce initiatives across the Norfolk and Waveney system and believe our supportive approach and ability to innovate makes us an excellent employer and a good partner to other local health and care providers.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Youll find a detailed job description attached to this advert and we would invite anyone interested in the role to read through this and the person specification in more detail.Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- Experience including an Acute Environment
- Experience of teaching and supporting leading on new developement
Experience and KnowledgeEssential
- Previous exposure to developing training and education programmes
- Registered Nurse Degree
- Teaching experience
Skills, abilities and competenciesEssential
- Line Management experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of multi - professional roles and a vision for delivery of patient care in different ways.
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
James Paget University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.