An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to join our experienced team of occupational therapists within our Integrated Stroke Therapy Team to cover a maternity leave. The successful candidate will be part of a large, busy acute and rehabilitation stroke service located in the Primary Stroke Centre at Stockport NHS Foundation Trust.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, conscientious and flexible team player with excellent communication skills. Experience of neuro rehabilitation and working within an integrated stroke team is essential.Main duties of the job
The post holder will work as part of a committed team of Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Dietitians, and Therapy Assistants delivering a service to the hyper-acute, acute and rehabilitation wards located at the Primary Stroke Centre at Stepping Hill Hospital.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and be able to demonstrate an adaptable approach whilst meeting guidelines and stroke standards. With supervision from a Specialist Occupational Therapist you will be responsible for managing a clinical caseload, and will delegate work appropriately to Therapy Assistants. You will ensure patients are managed appropriately and timely discharge plans are made by liaising closely with the wider team and other agencies.
You will be given the opportunity to develop your clinical skills through the delivery of a wide range of evidence based treatments and a robust in-service training programme.About usWe hold a unique position in the Stockport community as the provider of healthcare and we are one of its largest employers. Our mission is to make a difference every day. Our values are that we care, we respect, and we listen We believe that the best organisations are those that reflect the communities they serve. We are therefore seeking to improve the diversity of our workforce to make it truly representative of our local population. We actively encourage applications irrespective of race, age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage & civil partnership, or pregnancy or maternity. Recognising those communities that are underrepresented within our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from you. We recognise that flexible working is important. We take requests for flexible working seriously, consider any request we receive and try to work with you, so we can explore if your request may fit with the needs of the service. The salary for the role is only one part of the excellent package of benefits we offer to you:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Between 27-33 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- NHS pension scheme membership
- Salary sacrifice schemes for lease cars, home electronics and more, to make your salary go further
- NHS Staff discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary finance - for loans, savings, budget planning and tips on managing debt
- Stockport Credit Union- for local financial advice
- The Occupational Therapist will act as an autonomous practitioner both professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of their professional and clinical work
- Assess and treat patients promoting timely hospital discharge with a home first ethos. You will workas part of an integrated multi-disciplinary therapy team to improve flow and quality of a patients journey.
- The caseload will be variable and comprise mainly of patients diagnosed with stroke but will include a variety of conditions.
- Optimise the clinical progress and quality of life of patients by providing individualised Occupational Therapeutic assessments, evidence-based recommendations and treatment plans across designated wards.
- Work as a committed member of the Occupational Therapy team, contributing to the achievement of Departmental, Team and Trust goals.
- Provide relevant advice and training to health care professionals on speciality.
- Participate in service development.
- Provide specialist knowledge across a range of procedures underpinned by National standards and theory.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and promote safeguarding by implementing the Trusts policies and procedures, acting promptly on concerns, communicating effectively and sharing information appropriately.
If successful this vacancy will require an enhanced DBS check at a cost of �41.90. This cost will be deducted from your first Trust salary
In addition to this it will be a condition of your employment that you will join the DBS update service and pay the annual subscription fee of �13.Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- oDegree in Occupational Therapy.
- oState Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council.
- oRelated academic attainment
- oKnowledge of current best practice in occupational therapy.
- oUnderstanding of professional ethics and their application and practice.
- oBasic knowledge of health legislation and current practice, risk assessment and management.
- oBasic knowledge of the principles of clinical governance.
- oHealth, safety and risk awareness.
- oTraining and presentation skills
- oWord processing and internet skills
- oGroup work skills
- oClinical experience in acute hospital setting.
- oApplication of the occupational therapy process.
- oUse of functional assessment and activity analysis.
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- oDocumented evidence of continued professional development
- oClinical Experience in stroke rehabilitation
- oExperience in clinical areas covered by occupational therapy teams
Work Related CircumstancesEssential
- oAbility to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- oAcute discharge skills.
- oPrioritising and problem solving.
- oAbility to carry out the occupational therapy process.
- oAbility to work under pressure.
- oGood communication skills
- oPositive approach to work.
- oPro-active approach to self-development.
- oAbility to work single handedly with individuals.
- oGood personal organisation skills.
- oAbility to reflect and critically appraise own performance.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oFlexible approach to work.
- oAbility to move and handle patients
Stockport NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Stockport NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.