This exciting and challenging role offers an Advanced Practitioner the opportunity join a team of Advanced Practitioners and Nurse Practitioners in the on going development of the Health Boards Flagship Model for Primary Care in BCUHB.The Advanced Practitioner will be expected to provide high level clinical expertise, knowledge, and skills in the treatment of patients in a Primary Care setting. This will include taking the lead role in the clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment and management of patients who may present with highly complex and/or chronic conditions.The post holder must hold relevant post graduate qualifications which demonstrates a high level of clinical training relating to primary care.This Advanced Practitioner will determine clinical diagnosis and instigate management pathways and treatments, working within an extended scope of practice.This autonomous practitioner role will focus on improvements on individualized care within a Primary Care setting, promoting well being and developing clinical models. The role necessitates a high level of accountability, clinical leadership, education and supervision, research and audit.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.Main duties of the jobJOB PURPOSE
The post holder will plan, lead and be responsible for the delivery and development of practice in the specialist area. They will fulfil the 4 pillars of advanced clinical practice:
1. This is a clinical role the job plan focus being clinical activity and the balance being research, audit, and education and developing the clinical models. Post holders will work in partnership with the Clinical Specialists to develop clinical services.
2. To work as an autonomous, advanced practitioner, with an extended scope of practice to work with the team to deliver care within your relevant specialism throughout BCUHB providing a high standard of specialist assessment and treatment of patients. Using evidence-based principles/ current best practice and advanced specialist skills and clinical reasoning to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate interventions.
3. To demonstrate a high level of clinical reasoning /diagnostic skills holding an active caseload and offering a wide range of appropriate treatment/rehabilitation programmes to patients mainly with highly complex care needs.
4. Ensure the clinical 'value sets' of fairness, effectiveness, efficiency, responsiveness, integration, accountability, and flexibility within services.
This post is fixed term for 12 months due to meet the needs of the service.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
If you relish a challenge, have a passion to help others or simply fancy a fresh start, then Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the right ingredients. The largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health, acute and elective hospital services for a population of around 700,000, across North Wales . Join our team and get the support you need, in line with our Organisational Values and 'Proud to Lead' competence framework.
Enjoy being part of working with engaged leadership at all levels, and be assured we are committed to promoting equality and diversity, and are proud to welcome applicants under the Disability Confident Employer scheme.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Education to Masters level, including Advanced Clinical practice
- BSc/ Grad Dip in relevant discipline
- Extended scope skills i.e. independent prescriber.
- Extensive experience in clinical field
- Experience of working in Primary Care
- Advanced clinical reasoning skills
- Able to prioritise own workload and that of others
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of recent Masters level CPD study in relevant clinical field.
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardAddress
Ty Nant, Nant Hall Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.