To deliver effective diagnostic radiography services in Brecon and Llandrindod Wells departments on a rotational basis, working within set clinical protocols and IRMER regulations, ensuring a high-quality and efficient Radiographic Service.To ensure consistency of medical imaging quality and standards of patient care in a wide range of clinical environments and to a diverse range of patient presentations.To be able to take charge of the running of a work area and in their absence, deputise for the Team Lead Radiographer.
To support, direct and supervise the Radiography Health Care support workers and student Radiographers within thedepartment.Main duties of the job
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Band 6 Radiographer to join our patient centered team. Flexible working, with core hours of Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00 with 30 mins unpaid lunch break. Weekend hours are covered on a rota. Full or part time hours will be considered.
Applicants must possess a BSc (Hon)/ DCR (R) in Diagnostic Radiography , have current HCPC registration and previous NHS experience is essential.
The south locality, has 3 sites providing Radiology services: LLandrindod Wells, Brecon War Memorial and Ystradgynlais Community Hospitals. All departments are open Monday-Friday with weekend cover in Brecon. You will work closely with a variety of stakeholders including GP's , neighbouring health boards, MIU, Dental, Midwifery and NOUS services therefore good communication skills are essential.
You will be expected to have a flexible approach to team working. You will be required to work across Brecon and Llandrindod Wells sites on a rotational basis working in all aspects of general radiography to support the needs of the service.
Continuing professional development is actively encouraged and we are expanding our Powys sonography/ reporting service therefore training opportunities are available.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Powys is cited as being a wonderful place to live and work a rural health setting where you can personally and professionally grow, where patients are at the heart of care provision. If you are an ambitious professional in search of job satisfaction, Powys is the place to be. Whatever your career aspirations, we are committed to supporting and developing you.
Powys Teaching Health Board is responsible for meeting the health and wellbeing needs of the population of Powys. Powys is the largest county in Wales with Snowdonia to the North and the Brecon Beacons to the South, the spectacular scenery is something to behold. Working in partnership, we commission and provide award-winning hospital, community, mental health and learning disability services, so our portfolio is varied and diverse. We are proud to offer patients an unrivalled level of care and range of careers for professionals who want to make a real difference. Did you know - Powys Teaching Health Board accepts applications to retire and return from within the NHS in Wales. If you would like to know more, please contact the Powys Teaching Health Board Workforce team on 01874 712580 or firstname.lastname@example.org Step into Health connects employers in the NHS to people from the Armed Forces community.
Applicants are invited to apply in Welsh, any application submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesYou will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationQualifications and/or KnowledgeEssential
- D.C.R.(R) or BSc in Diagnostic Radiography
- State Registered Radiographer Current HPC Registration
- Professional knowledge acquired through degree plus short specialist courses and/or significant experience post registration in general radiography to post-graduate diploma level or equivalent
Aptitude & AbilitiesEssential
- To be skilled in plain x-ray techniques and the use of CR, RIS and PAC's systems
- To be able to use computer packages and the RIS system
- To demonstrate a full understanding and principles of the Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations IR(ME)R 2017 and amended regulations 2010 and the Ionising Radiations Regulations (IRR) 2017
- Able to demonstrate good verbal communication skills with different patient groups
- Able to undertake a wide range of general diagnostic X-ray examinations and associated administration duties
- Able to undertake moving and handling of patients and equipment within the service area
- Able to demonstrate adherence to infection prevention and control within the service area
- Can demonstrate PTHB values
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel between sites in a timely manner
Powys Teaching Health BoardAddress
Brecon War Memorial Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.