An exciting developmental opportunity has arisen for a motivated, dynamic senior nurse, with extensive experience to join the Medicine Division Discharge Team.
The role is based cross site at Conquest and Eastbourne District General Hospital.
Monday - Friday 8.30 - 16.30hrs
The successful applicant will be a professional clinical role model, who inspires confidence, demonstrates excellent communication, interpersonal, organisation, prioritisation, decision making and problem-solving skills.Main duties of the job
You will work collaboratively as a cohesive team member to ensure effective management and leadership of the Discharge Lounge Teams.
This senior nurse role and is focussed on high quality, safe, effective care, timely discharge and excellent patient experience, adhering to Trust policies and procedures.
The successful applicant will provide a visible presence supporting and liaising with ED to facilitate patient flow to inpatient areas as well as improve utilisation of the Discharge Lounges.
The post holder will be a key member of the Medicine operations team and will represent the Division at Site meetings, disseminating any information or tasks to the wider team.About usWe are proud to provide 'Outstanding' care and be a great place to work
We provide safe, compassionate and high quality care to half a million people living or visiting East Sussex. We are one of the largest organisations in East Sussex, the only integrated provider of acute and community care in Sussex. Our extensive services are provided by7000 + members of staff working from acute hospitals in Hastings and Eastbourne, three community hospitals in Bexhill, Rye and Uckfield, over 100 community sites and in people's own homes.
In 2020 the Care Quality Commission rated us as 'Good' overall, and 'Outstanding' for being caring and effective. The Conquest Hospital and our Community Services are rated 'Outstanding'. Eastbourne DGH rated 'Good'.
In 2020, the Trust launched its ambitious 'Building for our Future' programme. This once in a lifetime programme aims to repair, redevelop and expand our hospitals, transforming the environment in which we provide care for generations to come.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the job description attached.
If you have any questions about this position please do not hesitate to contact us.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- First Level Registered Nurse
- Educated to degree / diploma level
- Recognised Teaching Qualification
- Completed Management training
- Evidence of ongoing development at postgraduate level
- Evidence of continued professional development in relevant subject
- Substantial relevant post-qualification experience
- At least 2 years experience at Band 6/7 in an acute setting
- Experience of managing budgets and performance
- Evidence of shift management in an acute clinical area
- Experience of staff management and development
- Development of training programmes
- Demonstrable experience of ensuring compliance with CQC core standards and other regulatory requirements/KLOE's
- Visible leader with excellent communication skills
- Experience of change management/ quality improvement
- Experience of developing policies, procedures and practices
- Expert clinical skills for care of patients awaiting discharge
- Extensive knowledge of the discharge process with the ability to audit, scrutinise & plan a programme of educational change
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal/ communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritise and organise own and others workload, matching needs and skills
- Established leader and experience of change management
- Collection, analysis and collation of complex data
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to understand targets
East Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
EDGH & Conquest Hospital
Eastbourne and Hastings
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.