A vacancy has arisen within patient catering and domestic services department for a Patient Service Assistant Trainer.
The post holder will be expected to deliver induction training to all domestic and patient catering staff. This will involve ensuring the high standards of cleanliness are delivered by the domestic staff and that high standard of food and drink service to ward areas are delivered by the catering staff. The induction training will encompass classroom, on the job and on-line training.
Other duties will include delivering refresher trainer for experienced staff and delivering mandatory and statutory training for all domestic and catering staff. The shift patterns are flexible in line with the requirements of the training session. Interview date w/c 2nd October 2023 Derbyshire Support and Facilities Services Limited currently do not offer a Certificate of Sponsorship, any applications which require sponsorship will not be consideredMain duties of the job
The post holder will:
- Provide induction training to all new domestic and catering staff, which will encompass classroom training, on the job training and on-line training.
- Deliver refresher training to all existing members of staff, this could be training on on new equipment, or processes etc.
- To ensure staff follow the department procedures maintaining the quality standards, highlighting any issues as they arise
- Deliver face to face mandatory and statutory training as required
- Plan the training schedule with the training manager
- Provide support as a supervisor in a reduced capacity as needed, this will involve giving direction to staff to ensure operational needs are met and troubleshooting issues.
Derbyshire Support and Facilities Services Ltd. (DSFS) is a subsidiary company that's 100% owned by Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
DSFS has just under 1000 staff across Soft and Hard Facilities Services, and our corporate services including, ICT, Patient Records, Switchboard, Procurement, Finance and Clinical Engineering. Very much part of the 'Chesterfield Royal family', DSFS builds on solid NHS foundations to offer a more commercial approach that's dynamic, flexible, and proactive.
DSFS are proud to be striving to achieve a truly diverse and inclusive flexible workforce by valuing and welcoming everyone's abilities, uniqueness, and individuality. All our colleagues have the right to and should be able to feel 100% themselves at work we believe that all our people add to and should improve our culture and not just fit in with it. By embracing our diverse backgrounds and differences our culture becomes richer and makes us stronger together. Derbyshire Support and Facilities Services Limited currently do not offer a Certificate of Sponsorship, any applications which require sponsorship will not be consideredJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification attached to this vacancy. This document contains a full detailed description of the role and what the main responsibilities and duties are along with the criteria that is required.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- oTo be able to read and understand to the required standard
- oBasic education to include Maths and English
- oBasic knowledge of Health and Safety and COSHH regulations
- oUnderstanding the importance of confidentiality
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- oExperience of working in a hospital environment
- oPrevious experience in a similar environment
- oGood communication skills both written and verbal
- oAbility to carry out instructions accurately
- oAble to undertake the physical aspects of the post
- oBasic IT skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oFlexible and reliable attitude to working arrangements
- oAbility to work alone and as part of a team
Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
DSFS - Chesterfiedl Royal Hospital
Top Road, Calow
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.