Would you like to be part of a team that creates opportunities for people to find out about, and have a say in, health research?
This is an exciting and varied role working within health research in Greater Manchester. In this role, you'll be creating a wide range of content that encourages everyone to have a say in health research.
You'll be part of a friendly and encouraging team, working across a diverse range of topics.Main duties of the job
- Raising awareness of Vocal's work and supporting the delivery of Vocal's engagement and communications strategy through digital content and platforms, projects and events.
- Writing and producing blogs, videos, presentations, articles, newsletter content, literature, web and social media content.
- Working with patients, members of the public and researchers to develop content and stories for engagement.
- Supporting the planning and delivery of Vocal events and projects, including focus groups, stakeholder events and creative projects.
MFT is England's largest NHS Trust with a turnover of �2.5bn & is on a different scale than most other NHS Trusts. We're creating an exceptional integrated health & social care system for the 1 million patients who rely on our services every year.
Bringing together 10 hospitals & community services from across Manchester, Trafford & beyond, we champion collaborative working & transformation, encouraging our 28,000 workforce to pursue their most ambitious goals. We set standards that other Trusts seek to emulate so you'll benefit from a scale of opportunity that is nothing short of extraordinary.
We've also created a digitally enabled organisation to improve clinical quality, patient & staff experience, operational effectiveness & driving research and innovation through the introduction of Hive our brand-new Electronic Patient Record system which we've launched in September 2022.
We're proud to be a major academic Research Centre & Education provider, providing you with a robust infrastructure to encourage and facilitate high-quality research programmes. What's more, we're excited to be embarking on our new Green Plan which will set out how MFT continues to play its part in making healthcare more sustainable.
At MFT, we create and foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, provide equal opportunities for career development that are fair, open and transparent, protecting your health and wellbeing and shaping the future of our organisation together.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To find out more about the key responsibilities and the specific skills and experience youll need, take a look at the Job Description & Person Specification attachments under the Supporting Documents heading. So that youre even more equipped to make an informed decision to apply to us, youll need to take time to read the Candidate Essentials Guide that sits with the Job Description and Person Specification. This document provides you with details about the Trust, our benefits and outlines how we care for you as you care for others. Most importantly, it also contains critical information youll need to be aware of before you submit an application form.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not currently a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. If you are unvaccinated, there is helpful advice and information available by searching on the NHS England website where you can also find out more about how to access the vaccination. Diversity Matters
MFT is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating and valuing diversity and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employer, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Were looking forward to hearing from you!Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level in biomedical, health or social science, communications or related subject. Or Educated to diploma level plus experience equivalent to a degree
Training & experienceEssential
- Post graduate qualification in media and/or communications eg. Science Communication, Digital Marketing
- Practical experience of using web, social media and/or digital marketing tools to engage audiences
- Experience of working in partnership/managing relationships with a range of different organisations, professionals & public groups s, professional and
- Experience of communications & project delivery involving and engaging patients and/or members of the public
Skills & abilitiesEssential
- Experience of working in communications related to health / biomedical, clinical research.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, experience of producing a wide range of content & resources
Skills & abilitiesEssential
- Interest/experience in photography and/or video
Employer detailsEmployer name
- A demonstrable commitment to diversity, inclusion and accessiblity
Manchester University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust
29 Grafton Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.