Ward Manager - AMU
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated individual that thrives in a fast paced environment who aspires to deliver high quality care within a team of innovative professionals where every individual's contribution is valued.
Do you demonstrate strong leadership skills and want the opportunity to develop your managerial skills? You will be the driver for providing high quality care to our patients, bringing innovative ideas for change and ensure patients are receiving the right care, in the right place at the right time. Working closely with our ED colleagues and other assessment areas within the division of integrated care.Main duties of the job
As the unit manager your role is to support our service as it evolves to meet the needs of our patient population, we are looking for an influential and compassionate leader who is motivated to drive change and enhance the units Amber accreditation status. The successful candidate will be supported by a designated Matron, CPF team and strong team of Acute Medical Consultants, therapists and pharmacists. The ideal candidate will have robust experience in acute or emergency medicine and a proven track record of commitment to service improvement.
The unit Manager has a fundamental role in the delivery of high standards of nursing care, safe staffing and ensuring an environment that is conducive to wellbeing and contributing to effective budgetary management.
Post holders will be expected to participate fully in their personal development and review process, in order to achieve the skills required to deliver the role effectively and efficiently.About us
We hold a unique position in the Stockport community as the provider of healthcare and we are one of its largest employers.
Our mission is to make a difference every day. Our values are that we care, we respect, and we listen
We believe that the best organisations are those that reflect the communities they serve. We are therefore seeking to improve the diversity of our workforce to make it truly representative of our local population.
We actively encourage applications irrespective of race, age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage & civil partnership, or pregnancy or maternity. Recognising those communities that are underrepresented within our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from you.
We recognise that flexible working is important. We take requests for flexible working seriously, consider any request we receive and try to work with you, so we can explore if your request may fit with the needs of the service.
The salary for the role is only one part of the excellent package of benefits we offer to you:
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesMain Duties and Responsibilities
- Between 27-33 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- NHS pension scheme membership
- Salary sacrifice schemes for lease cars, home electronics and more, to make your salary go further
- NHS Staff discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary finance - for loans, savings, budget planning and tips on managing debt
- Stockport Credit Union- for local financial advice
In conjunction with the Matron, s/he will deliver the modernisation agenda within their clinical setting, including effective leadership, setting, monitoring and maintaining professional and care standards, work collaboratively, manage complaints as per Trust policy and lead the nursing contribution to the governance agenda at ward level.
- S/he will be visible and accessible in the clinical area for patients, relatives and staff.
- Lead by example and act as a positive role model for all staff, taking responsibility for own professional development.
- lead the team and MDT through the StARS accreditation scheme.
- Provide leadership that promotes patient focused care.
- Maintain an environment conducive to education, teaching, audit and training for patients and staff.
- Provide clinical leadership and line management of staff ensuring the delivery of the highest professional standards through staff development and individual performance appraisal/review.
- Role model standards of care and expected behaviour through participation in direct patient care.
- Maintain personal standards of conduct and behaviour, which are consistent with Trust and Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) standards and requirements.
- Actively contribute to, and support agreed developments within the Business Group.
- Identify equipment priorities to support the care of patients and staff of their physical environment, undertaking risk assessments to evidence short falls.
- Ensure the efficient use of bank staff, monitoring quality and expenditure.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and promote safeguarding by implementing the Trusts policies and procedures, acting promptly on concerns, communicating effectively and sharing information appropriately.
If successful this vacancy will require an enhanced DBS check at a cost of �41.90. This cost will be deducted from your first Trust salaryIn addition to this it will be a condition of your employment that you will join the DBS update service and pay the annual subscription fee of �13.Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse
- Teaching and assessing
- Leadership Development
- Developing Clinical Skills or Equivalent ENP qualification
- At least 3 years of a broad range of current clinical and management experience at band 6 or above
- Able to demonstrate experience of people management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to talk about leadership style
Stockport NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Stepping Hill Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.