Are you a B5 Occupational Therapist just starting in practice or looking for a B6 opportunity? We are happy to announce we have a vacancy for someone looking to develop skills into a B6 or someone who is already at B6 level to come and join our team.
The Christchurch and Bournemouth Intermediate Care Team (CBIC) have been working hard to expand the team and are in a great position and committed to offering someone a more supported role if you are looking at developmental opportunities or a first B6 role.
The post will also involve assessment and treatment of patients within their own homes not only to prevent admission but also to support early discharge from hospital and rehabilitate a wide variety of conditions. The community caseload offers a wide variety of pathologies and conditions to treat and rehabilitate.
As this is a community role it is essential you are a car driver and have access to a car for work purposes.Main duties of the job
To provide specialist care and interventions, assessments, treatments and managing patients on a caseload, as part of the wider multi-disciplinary care team.
Other benefits involve working in the beautiful area of Bournemouth and Christchurch as part of a busy, friendly team.
The hours of work are flexible, full time and part time hours up to 37.5 hours per week and would include being part of a rota at weekends and bank holidays.
Employment in this post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, which the Trust will cover the cost of.Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service are able to present a valid DBS certificate instead of requiring a new check.About us
At Dorset HealthCare we're on a mission to empower people to make the most of their lives through our outstanding, joined-up healthcare services. We're a dynamic, forward-looking Trust, running 12 community hospitals, specialist inpatient facilities and a wide range of integrated community and mental health services for a population of almost 800,000 people.
We do things differently here - it's one of the reasons the CQC rated us 'outstanding' in 2019. It's also why 95% of patients across our services say they have a good or very good experience of our services and 89% of staff feel they can really make a difference. Whether you're looking to work with us in one of our bustling market towns, vibrant urban locations, thriving seaside spots, or among the rolling hills of Dorset, there are lots of ways you can make a difference in our communities.
Our 7,000-strong workforce is at the heart of what we do and our success is a testament to our brilliant people. We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities and we celebrate diversity. We're an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be authentic, and we are all encouraged to be the best version of ourselves.
Working with us you'll be part of a strong team, challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don't know. And you'll be working towards our vision to be better every day through excellence, compassion and expertise in all we do.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For the main duties and responsibilities for this role please read the attached job description and person specification. When completing your application please ensure your supporting statement reflects the criteria set out in these documents by showing how your experience and skills apply to this post. As part of our vision to have a skilled, diverse and caring workforce, Dorset HealthCare is working in partnership with The Princes Trust to support people getting into work, as part of this partnership, we are offering an employability service to support individuals between 16-30 years old with application writing, interview skills and other employment support. If you would like or know of anyone who would value this support please do contact email@example.comPerson SpecificationKnowledge, skills and trainingEssential
- Registered practitioner to degree/diploma level supplemented by post registration diploma level specialist training and/or short courses or demonstrable extensive experience in the relevant specialty
- Membership of the relevant Professional Body
- Evidence of recent professional development in an up to date portfolio
Job Specific ExperienceEssential
- Learning and Assessing in Practice Qualification or equivalent practice assessors training
- Non-Medical Prescriber
- Knowledge and understanding of Trust Strategy relevant to role
- Experience at Practitioner Band 5 level
- Experience of specialist working
- Demonstrable knowledge of assessment and therapeutic interventions in area of specialism
- Able to demonstrate specialist clinical reasoning skills to assimilate information in order to make a clinical judgement regarding diagnosis and intervention
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload effectively
- Recent previous experience within a comparable role
- Experience of managing change
Finance / ResourcesEssential
- Experience of providing clinical supervision and mentoring to junior staff
- Experience of devising and delivering training
Information Technology / ResourcesEssential
- Able to effectively manage available resources in the pursuit of quality service provision ensuring a safe environment
Personal Qualities / AttributesEssential
- Able to analyse data and produce reports using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience of using electronic patient / service user record systems
- Experience of planning and organising complex activities, e.g. organise own time and that of junior staff and learners, planning off duty rotas and undertaking discharge planning involving co-ordination with other agencies.
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation relevant to practice
- Demonstrable ability of using tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrable ability to analyse situations and provide a resolution
- Demonstrable leadership qualities and the ability to perform as a role model
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrable skills in written and spoken English to a standard which enables the post holder to carry out the full range of duties and responsibilities of the role effectively.
- UK driving licence and access to vehicle
Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Kings Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.