An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced nurse or ODP to work as a Band 6 Pre-Op Practitioner in the Pre-operative Assessment department at King's Mill Hospital.
The Pre-op role offers a variety of experiences in all aspects of pre-op assessment, with patients booked for orthopaedic, podiatry, gynaecology, breast, urology, ear, nose, and throat, as well as general surgery. There are also some exciting initiatives in progress that will have an impact on future service delivery.
As an individual, you will need to be dynamic and enthusiastic, a senior nurse with the ambition to succeed, a willingness to learn, and the ability to work with the entire team in support of the Sister to lead the department into the futureMain duties of the job
This role involves assessing a patient's fitness for anesthesia in elective surgery using a holistic approach. This may entail referring patients to different specialties if further tests are required. A significant degree of autonomy is necessary as we operate as a fully nurse-led service.
You will be responsible for managing a continuous caseload of patients and guiding them through their surgical journey while optimizing their readiness for the procedure. Good communication skills, teamwork, and time management are essential.
This opportunity will contribute to the development of your professional profile and is well-suited for someone who recognizes opportunities for improvement and is motivated to drive positive changes within the unit.About us
Thank you for your interest in this role.
Sherwood is nationally recognised as being an excellent place to work and deliver care. We are rightly proud of the 5,500 colleagues who work here and we are the Health Service Journal's Trust of the Year in 2020.
The Care Quality Commission rated King's Mill Hospital Outstanding and Newark, and Mansfield Community Hospitals Good. Overall we are rated Outstanding for care.
For the last three years, we have been ranked as the best NHS Trust to work for in the Midlands and in 2020 we were the third best Acute/Community NHS Trust in England.
Happy colleagues deliver better care. Our teams work in a supportive, inclusive environment, which nurtures wellbeing and has opportunities for development and progression. We do not just care for our patients, we also care for you.
We would love you to join us.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To see the full detailed job description and main responsibilities of the job please refer the job description attached.Person SpecificationKnowledge RequirementsEssential
- Knowledge of and ability to analyse and interpret clinical results.
- First Level Registered Nurse
- Post-registration qualification or equivalent in physical assessment, interpreting results and history taking or equivalent competency based experience (or willingness to undertake).
- Be computer literate e.g. Word, Excel, etc including ability to use clinical databases as a clinical resource.
- Post registration 1st Level Degree.
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Personal attributes/ skills and abilitiesEssential
- Experience of working in the acute surgical environment
- Evidence of experience in performing clinical assessment of patients.
- Self-motivated and effective Practitioner
- Good communication skills with clear written and oral skills. Proven management skills- effective organisation abilities, supervisory skills, leadership skills, change management skills
- Able to work to deadlines
- Able to manage own workload and delegate tasks appropriately
- Ability to work within a team and independently when required
- Ability to analyse and interpret clinical results.
- Ability to act on findings and initiate changes to the patient pathway.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- The post holder will be required to work flexibly and possibly unsocial hours to meet the demands of the role
Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
King's Mill Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.