There is an exciting and innovative opportunity for an Occupational Therapist (OT) to secure a 4-month fixed-term secondment, contributing to the transformation of the OT workforce across the Integrated Care System (ICS) within Nottingham and Nottinghamshire. This role also involves sharing best practices regionally and nationally, with support and funding provided by the Elizabeth Casson Trust.
The Nottinghamshire ICS Senior Programme Managers for AHP Workforce Development are seeking a creative, passionate, and enthusiastic member of our health and social care or education community to work at a system level and support a trailblazing project. This project is anticipated to introduce system-wide rotations for newly qualified OTs in October 2023.Main duties of the job
- To support the Nottinghamshire ICS (NICS) Senior Programme Managers for AHP Workforce Development and the Project Manager to capture learning from the development and launch of the newly qualified system-wide OT Rotational posts across health and social care.
- To develop a toolkit which will promote the development of a well-supported OT workforce with highly developed knowledge and skills, who have intrinsic understanding of the patient journey from their rotation experiences.
- To develop a range of resources which form a blueprint for others to set up the same service which will include a range of key areas from a business case draft template to a system-wide memorandum of understanding.
Thank you for your interest in this role.
Sherwood is nationally recognised as being an excellent place to work and deliver care. We are rightly proud of the 5,500 colleagues who work here, and we are the Health Service Journal's Trust of the Year in 2020.
The Care Quality Commission rated King's Mill Hospital Outstanding and Newark, and Mansfield Community Hospitals Good. Overall, we are rated Outstanding for care.
For the last three years, we have been ranked as the best NHS Trust to work for in the Midlands and in 2020 we were the third best Acute/Community NHS Trust in England.
Happy colleagues deliver better care. Our teams work in a supportive, inclusive environment, which nurtures wellbeing and has opportunities for development and progression. We do not just care for our patients we also care for you.
Our culture of learning, compassion and taking a person-centred approach are at the roots of our organisation. We would love you to join us.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To understand the role more in detail, please read the attached job description and person specification documentPerson SpecificationKnowledge/SkillsEssential
- HCPC or NMC registered
- Specialist subject matter knowledge of project management theory, tools and techniques
- Understanding of how to define and measure quality improvement
- Ability to identify, understand and manage change opportunities
- Prioritisation and time management skills
- IT literate and knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft applications
- Advanced report writing and presentation skills
- Understand how the AHP workforce is employed across the Integrated Care System (ICS)
- Understand the role of HEIs in workforce transformation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including negotiation, and facilitation and able to convey highly complex information and ideas clearly and succinctly
- The ability to analyse complex data. Identifying the main issues in complex problems, clarifying understanding and representing stakeholders
- Highly skilled in formulating solutions to problems and managing those solutions through to project presentation
- Acting as a role model in supporting and energising teams and individuals to build confidence in their ability to deliver outcomes
- Knowledge of staff and change management at a senior clinical level
- Ability to formulate clear, robust and deliverable plans taking into account information from multiple sources
- Advanced keyboard skills
- Experience of working in an Health and/or Social Care Organisation
- Awareness of key national and local strategic initiatives
- Experience of delivering a process to assure a project will meet objectives on time, within budget and to specified quality
- Educated to first degree level
- In possession of, or working towards Master's degree or equivalent level professional qualification
- Senior experience in a project delivery environment
- Quality Improvement training
- Recognisable project management qualifications
- Experience of leading projects in an NHS environment
- Experience of management/leadership of people
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working collaboratively across organisational boundaries
Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
King's Mill Hospital
Sutton in Ashfiled
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.