Are you ready to use your Web Manager skills in a way that makes a positive impact on peoples lives? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity to become a member of our Digital Communications Team within the Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust.
Reporting to the DIT Marketing and Communications Manager your role will support and champion the on-going development of our intranet and website, make sue these resources are easy to use, accessible and work effectively. Managing a small team, youll work closely with Trust Communications and our external supplier, identifying clear requirements for development and ensuring all activity meets quality and accessibility guidelines. Youll also be responsible for leading our approach to devolved content editing, managing our user groups, and developing clear requirements for content administrators.
Youll utilise your technical understanding, experience, and knowledge of content management systems, such as WordPress and Google Analytics to develop actionable insights and reporting.
In return, we can offer you a varied, interesting, and challenging role working as part of a fantastic team and offering all the support you need to learn at pace and achieve your career ambitions.Main duties of the job
Support and champion the on-going development of our intranet and website.
Identify and communicate clear requirements for development.
Ensure all activity meets quality and accessibility guidelines.
Lead the Trusts approach to devolved content editing, developing clear, consistent requirements and guidance for content administrators.
Manage and develop our web related user groups.
Use Google Analytics to develop actionable insights and reporting.
Management of a small team.About us
DIT at LTHT is a highly motivated and inclusive place to work. We hold our Leeds Way Values in high esteem and respect all colleagues. Within the trust we are always looking to improve and give the best service possible and we are looking for individuals with the same drive to join us.
DIT look after the Trusts information technology, responsible for delivering and embedding the latest digital innovations, finding the right hardware and software to meet business needs, turning information into insight and everything in between. Its an exciting time to join us, as we offer varied and rewarding opportunities.
Wed love to consider your application if you want to be a part of delivering operational services that allow patients to be treated effectively across Leeds.
Leeds Teaching Hospitals is committed to our process of redeploying 'at risk' members of our existing workforce to new roles. As such, all our job adverts are subject to this policy and we reserve the right to close, delay or remove adverts while this process is completed. If you do experience a delay in the shortlisting stage of the recruitment cycle, please bear with us while this process is completed, and contact the named contact if you have any questions.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see supporting documents for full Job Description with further information on: requirements of the role, the department and workflows and full person specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Formal training and/or commercial experience in the following areas:
- Content management systems, ideally WordPress
- Content accessibility, including WCAG standards
- Analysing and improving website performance and usability
- User experience and web design
- Search engine optimisation
- Understanding of WordPress development and plug ins.
- Effective management of devolved editing
- Cross-browser and accessibility issues.
- Hosting solutions.
- Knowledge and extensive experience of industry standard technologies and products relevant to the supported services.
- Previous experience in managing a team.
- A thorough understanding of the implications of introducing new technology into business processes.
- An understanding of the need for patient confidentiality and responsibilities with regard to the Data Protection Act.
Skills & BehavioursEssential
- GUI (graphical user interface) design.
- Understanding of technical project management
- Understanding of application design and implementation
- Diplomatic, self-motivated and enthusiastic with a professional attitude
- A good team player, with the ability to work flexibly in a diverse and demanding environment
- Proactive in staying abreast of relevant developments in web technology, sharing knowledge appropriately
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service regardless of any influencing factors
- Ability to motivate others
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective persuasive and negotiation skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Effective personal organisation and time management skills
- Ability to be logical, disciplined and systematic in problem solving
- Ability to work in a pressured environment whilst maintaining a high level of diplomacy and patience
- The ability to work closely and effectively as part of a wider team providing IT services, ensuring a team focused approach with a helpful, friendly and professional manner
- Ability to establish effective relationships with others, both internal and external to the organisation
- A willingness to undergo all training requirements necessary for the post
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Keen to learn and enthusiastic
- A positive and professional attitude
Leeds Teaching HospitalsAddress
St. James's University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.