Do you like building large, complex, and innovative solutions? Do you like working on projects that have a positive impact and a lasting legacy?Would you like to help shape the future of the Health and Social Care System across Dorset?
We are seeking a full time Data Engineer to join our innovative and responsive Business Intelligence Service. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team that helps to shape and monitor health services to meet the evolving needs of an Integrated Care System for the population of Dorset.
As we develop and work as an Integrated Care System (ICS), Dorset County Hospital and the Dorset Intelligence and Insight Service (DiiS) are changing the way partner organisations share and use their data to shape health and social care and improve outcomes for the population of Dorset.Main duties of the job
Working within the Dorset Intelligence & Insight Service (DiiS) and Dorset County Hospital (DCH) you will be instrumental in the design and delivery of Dorset's approach to population analytics. You will be working collaboratively with system stakeholders ensuring that analytical programme plans are developed, maintained, and delivered.
This role represents an excellent opportunity for development with a huge scope to really make a difference to the way we deliver services in Dorset and to hugely impact outcomes for patients. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a confident, flexible, pro-active and responsive approach combined with the resilience to deal with shifting priorities and demands.About us
We are joining up across the Dorset Health and Care system to tackle all the factors that affect our health and wellbeing, make real change, and improve wellbeing within our communities. Dorset ICS is made up of: NHS Dorset Integrated Care Board, University Hospitals Dorset Foundation Trust, Dorset County Hospital Foundation Trust, Dorset HealthCare University Foundation Trust, Dorset Council, Bournemouth, Christchurch, and Poole Council, 194 town and parish councils, 18 primary care networks (made up of 80 GP practices), South Western Ambulance Service Foundation Trust, Dorset Police, Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service, 7,300 voluntary organisations. What we do: The Health and Care Bill puts ICS' on a statutory footing empowering them to better join up health and care services, improve population health, and reduce health inequalities. ICSs have four core purposes: Improve outcomes in population health and healthcare, Tackle inequalities in outcomes, experience, and access, enhance productivity and value for money- Help the NHS support broader social and economic development.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will be expected to:
Person SpecificationEDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & TRAININGEssential
- Develop solutions using a range of technologies and platforms
- Design, build, test, modify and maintain data pipelines and data stores creating complex or large-scale data products
- Create new datasets through the manipulation of multiple data sources
- Make effective use of development practices such as version control, unit testing, planning, DevOps, etc
- Participate in refinement and planning sessions
- Write, review, and maintain detailed system documentation
- Provide oversight and advice to more inexperienced members of the team
- Develop expertise in data profiling, locally used applications, systems, platforms, and reporting tools and share your knowledge with others
- Effectively communicate to and between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Determine which tools and techniques to use to explore or solve a variety of business issues
- Exhibit good agile behaviours and have a positive impact on the team
- Understand how new tools fit into the wider technical landscape
- Degree or qualification or relevant experience
- Professional qualification in relevant area
- Relevant industry recognised training
- You have used SQL to perform complex manipulation, visualisation, data linkage and data quality. You can code to a standard to work independently.
- You're able to engage with colleagues and project co-ordinators to facilitate the implementation of a project and ensure its sustainability.
- You have the ability to recognise where external data sources can be integrated into existing data sources
- You understand a range of tools for storing and working with metadata and how to apply them
SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGEEssential
- You can utilise standard tools to design, code, test, correct and document moderate-to-complex programs and scripts from agreed specifications and subsequent iterations.
- You have developed expertise in data profiling, locally used applications, systems, platforms, and reporting tools and share your knowledge with others.
- You can design, build, and test complex or large-scale data structures and associated components and liaise with colleagues to create data pipelines for services
- You understand the concepts and principles of data modelling and can produce relevant data models across multiple subject areas.
- You can design, build, test, modify and maintain data pipelines and data stores creating complex or large-scale data products.
- You initiate code reviews and promote the use of refactoring techniques to enhance the lifespan of the code library
- You take into consideration data quality issues and identify solutions.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- You can effectively communicate to and between technical and non-technical stakeholders and facilitate discussions within a multidisciplinary team, with some potentially difficult dynamics.
- You understand timeliness of data and the need for data to flow with minimal interaction. You can identify where automation would improve processes.
- oYou provide oversight and advice to more inexperienced members of your team.
Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Dorset County Hospital / Canford House, Poole
Dorchester / Poole
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.